• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Possible to do 4unit maths (ex1 +ex2) without tutoring and still getting a great mark (3 Viewers)

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
^^ Title. Im just curious. Doing 2 unit and ex 1 atm, i don't feel the need for tutoring. I'm considering taking mx2. Will i need to do tutoring to get a great mark?

lolokay

HSC
Re: Possible to do 4unit maths (ex1 +ex2) without tutoring and still getting a great

tutoring is absolutely necessary, you will fail without it

(note: tutoring is not necessary at all lol)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Re: Possible to do 4unit maths (ex1 +ex2) without tutoring and still getting a great

Hehe, it's not neccessary at all so long as you're bothered revising and if need be teaching yourself :)

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

Hehe, it's not neccessary at all so long as you're bothered revising and if need be teaching yourself :)
which I can't be! :p

nah its not necessary but tutoring forces you to learn things. Like I like to take things slow when im doing things myselves. Like today im going to finishing the last section of my physics course off today but itl take me about 8 hrs or something like that because I read every damn thing before I actually write my notes! That being said 4u and like that.
I'd say if you haven't been tutored in the past then don't be too phased out about whats are doing. You should know what works best for you. Some people just go into tuition and get nothing out of it. Others however, are raised from an early age because of their parents that it is required. I mean my dad tutored me from like yr 2 - yr 4.
Then again, 09 students when they finish needa make some money out of all the tutoring money we've lost over the years so make us rich haha :p

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC

A kid from our school came 6th in the state for Mathematics Extension 2 and he did no tutoring.

So yes, it is possible, but make sure you have a good Maths teacher at school

jet

Banned
HSC

Define great mark.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

i reckon about half of the state rankers dont go tutoring. so its possible.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

lol you don't even need a good math teacher.

if you're doing 4unit you should be able to self teach - the theory/concepts in 4unit is pretty simple

youngminii

Banned
HSC

If you're like me and you know you won't study by yourself, get a tutor :D
It's like, forced motivation..

HSC

I can't find a good tutor.. :mad1:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

lol you don't even need a good math teacher.

if you're doing 4unit you should be able to self teach - the theory/concepts in 4unit is pretty simple
Not sure about that, but you don't need a tutor.

MC Squidge

BOS' Apex Predator
HSC

it helps

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

LOL, I reckon, out of SBHS's 4U Maths cohort, we've about 5 (out of 150) that don't go to tutoring.

K

khorne

If you can't do 4U without tutoring, drop it.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC

I'm assuming that the majority of people who do 4 unit go tutoring. GRRRRRR!!!

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

LOL, I reckon, out of SBHS's 4U Maths cohort, we've about 5 (out of 150) that don't go to tutoring.
noob.
theres already more than 5 in my class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)