Should boat people be granted immigration status? (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
WELL................

...i dont think its right for people to come to australia on a boat and expect to start a new life, you cant just do that, so much paperwork etc to be done, BUT i also dont agree with the not-nice treatment of boat people.

Yea, im kinda confuzzled in this debate, my contribution isnt much, so deal with it, mmk? :p

Sprangler

HSC
the whole idea of putting them on christmas island was a part of the racist and disgusting pacific solution. incarcerating refugees has nothing to do with helping them.
We have no legal obligation to just allow them onto our mainland. Your whole retarded argument relies on the retarded idea that people can't be possibly helped while on Christmas island, only on the mainland. Why not? Is there something wrong with Islands?

mmm, because i'm sure that our harsh border protection policies are a pretty active deterrent against those fleeing from war torn countries and shit.

and the AFP isn't capable of monitoring the 0.000000000000000000000000001% of them that will become problematic anyway
It's not meant to be a deterrent, it's meant to help them become citizens and integrate before they get here.

nah we have to preserve our race, wouldnt want our country taken over by immigrants, theyll take our jobs!
OMG WAT R U IMPLYIN?? Quote one racist thing from any of my posts in this thread you stupid cunt.

Last edited:

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
We have no legal obligation to allow them onto our mainland. Your whole retarded argument relies on the retarded idea that people can't be possibly helped while on Christmas island, only on the mainland. Why not? Is there something wrong with Islands?

It's not meant to be a deterrent, it's meant to help them become citizens and integrate before they get here.

OMG WAT R U IMPLYIN?? Quote one racist thing from any of my posts in this thread you stupid cunt.
the fact that they are locked up and treated like criminals on christmas island=problem.

your foolish if you think the reason detention centres were created was to help people.

we have no legal obligation but we have a humanitarian obligation.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Immigration creates jobs and businesses. Refugees aren't inherently tainted and worse than any other immigrants. Opposition to boat people, but not to European immigration, comes purely from ignorant xenophobia.

Abolish minimum wage, open the borders, see local manufacturing and industry boom.

Lentern

HSC
Spranger and co I challenge you to go down to Villawood detention centre like I do once a week. Simply have some coffee or play chess or whatever with two or three of the refugees there and come back. If you still think they deserve to be locked in gaol quite simply you are a monster and I'd much rather put you on Christmas Island than them.

C

copkiller

Spranger and co I challenge you to go down to Villawood detention centre like I do once a week. Simply have some coffee or play chess or whatever with two or three of the refugees there and come back. If you still think they deserve to be locked in gaol quite simply you are a monster and I'd much rather put you on Christmas Island than them.
Agreed. I challenge you to do the same thing with people that have been locked up for other victimless crimes like drug offenses, or not paying taxes.

Lentern

HSC
Agreed. I challenge you to do the same thing with people that have been locked up for other victimless crimes like drug offenses, or not paying taxes.
Trust me I do. If someone gets caught for not paying their taxes just make them pay the money back and spend a few weekends cleaning up a park. Regarding drug offences I am absolutely against the criminalisation of use although I don't have much sympathy for traffickers of some of our more dangerous substances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)