99+ Possible? (1 Viewer)

q3thefish

HSC
Yes, but I have posted my aims earlier. Are you implying that they still won't be good enough to lift up my ATAR to 99? If so, how good is Kirby?
How good is Kirby?

Lol, where is Aerath already - he'll explain it to you.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yes, but I have posted my aims earlier. Are you implying that they still won't be good enough to lift up my ATAR to 99? If so, how good is Kirby?
Lol, where is Aerath already - he'll explain it to you.
Kirby is like.....wtf crazy smart. Let's just say, his worst subject, at his Top 20 school is 8th, in Biology. He does 4U Maths, Phys Chem, English. And his worst rank is 8th.

q3thefish

HSC
Kirby is like.....wtf crazy smart. Let's just say, his worst subject, at his Top 20 school is 8th, in Biology. He does 4U Maths, Phys Chem, English. And his worst rank is 8th.
Thanks for clarifying Kirby's awesomeness man :]

Oh and by the way guys, Kirby got 118/120 for 4U trials - 2 marks lost from Q1a.

-Onlooker-

HSC
Well after hours of self-examination, as well as careful observation of my past exams, and after several long talks with all my teachers, I have deduced my potential. These are what I am realistically aiming for in the HSC exams:

Eng: 90+
Chem: 95
Phys: 95
MX1: 98
MX2: 96

What ATAR am I at now, and what will these exam marks lift it up to?

Thanks!
Original Post: 5:26 pm 15 September

The above post: 5:48 pm 15 September

How awesome; you figured a way to cram in "hours of self examination" and "teacher apointments " in 22 minutes.

and BTW: I DONT GIVE A F*** if you say you did so prior to your post.

Now, your proposed marks are ridicolous; English 90+ with a 93/120 ranking.

What you need to realise... getting a mid band 6 in Sciences isn't a walk in the park.

Get real now; so you won't be dissapointed come Dec 17th.

Dont hate

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
are we talking about smart people because i got few to mention.

one guy at my school is CERTAIN (I mean seriously) to get state ranks in 2 or more subjects even if he has bad day. I bet my reputation on the line for this. He is just simply god-like in writing. (he is top in 6 subjects and 2nd in 1 subject that may not count for him in school that is ranked 94th...that's crazy)

I also know other girl at Ruse who is like top in everything. Top at Ruse for like at everything is absolutely !@#$%$#@^^&*:mad:_@

There we go! Potential 99.95 ATARerssss xD

Last edited:

Top Secret

HSC
Original Post: 5:26 pm 15 September

The above post: 5:48 pm 15 September

How awesome; you figured a way to cram in "hours of self examination" and "teacher apointments " in 22 minutes.

and BTW: I DONT GIVE A F*** if you say you did so prior to your post.

Now, your proposed marks are ridicolous; English 90+ with a 93/120 ranking.

What you need to realise... getting a mid band 6 in Sciences isn't a walk in the park.

Get real now; so you won't be dissapointed come Dec 17th.

Dont hate
Leave him alone. As OP has mentioned, he doesn't need 99+, it's more of a sudden "challenge", most likely personal. Thus it is likely that he hasn't performed to his potential. Oh and consider these three words VERY carefully:
Get a life...

@OP: Work hard, and if you are serious about it, you will most likely get 98. If you work to your said potential, then 99 may just be coming your way.

Last edited:
K

khorne

Top secret, you are being far too optimistic...If everyone could just do shit all all year, and then, in ONE month study enough to get a 99, then I don't see any reason for everyone to just leave studying to the month before. It's HIGHLY unlikely the OP will get 99...The system just doesn't work like that.

Scinery

HSC
Hey hey, If we are talking about geniuses, the name *Jega* must be known

This boy at my school (which is ranked number 2), his worst rank is like 4TH, for Advanced English. phys, chem, bio, 4u and 3u maths are all top 3. hes a guaranteeeeed 99.95.

and @OP: With YOUR ranks it is DEFINITELY DEFINITELY possible achieve your aim of 99+. Remember that by acing english externals, not only do you improve your chances of getting a better mark BUT you also help raise your cohort UP.

However, the "realistic aims" you set yourself won't cut it, imo.

I like your attitude of challenging yourself, though. I think that's what the HSC is actually supposed to be for.

HSC
Top secret, you are being far too optimistic...If everyone could just do shit all all year, and then, in ONE month study enough to get a 99, then I don't see any reason for everyone to just leave studying to the month before. It's HIGHLY unlikely the OP will get 99...The system just doesn't work like that.
i agree with this statement.

zaefr

HSC
why has the thread suddenly become a "namedrop people who will get 99.95/sumthing crazy"....douches

to OP: work ur butt off but dont set ur goals too high.

-Onlooker-

HSC
Leave him alone. As OP has mentioned, he doesn't need 99+, it's more of a sudden "challenge", most likely personal. Thus it is likely that he hasn't performed to his potential. Oh and consider these three words VERY carefully:
Get a life...

@OP: Work hard, and if you are serious about it, you will most likely get 98. If you work to your said potential, then 99 may just be coming your way.

Fuck your a pansy

Grow a pair

q3thefish

HSC
are we talking about smart people because i got few to mention.

one guy at my school is CERTAIN (I mean seriously) to get state ranks in 2 or more subjects even if he has bad day. I bet my reputation on the line for this. He is just simply god-like in writing. (he is top in 6 subjects and 2nd in 1 subject that may not count for him in school that is ranked 94th...that's crazy)

I also know other girl at Ruse who is like top in everything. Top at Ruse for like at everything is absolutely !@#$%$#@^^&*:mad:_@

There we go! Potential 99.95 ATARerssss xD
Ahah. We already named like 4 people on BoS that's gonna get 99.95

woot go us. :guitar:

Top Secret

HSC
Fuck your a pansy

Grow a pair
Please leave.

Look, if the OP is serious about his statement: "studied like 1hr/wk average", then his current ranks are quite an achievement. I believe he is at 96-97 ATAR currently, but what if he extends his study time to say 30-40hrs/wk? With that much time studying, I can see the OP reaching 98. And with further improvements in English to a mark of 90-05, though unlikely, but if so, may place the OP in the 99 cohort.

Dumbledore

HSC
holy wtf? now i really believe that aims influences estimates.

90/120 for english? thats like high band 4 internal, i dunno why everyone is going on about band 6 for english, even if u get 100 it will average to band 5.
if u don't believe me, my school is ranked 70th, similar rank, out of 170 English adv students, about 60-70 get band 5 and above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)