Answers to Accommodation/Colleges questions at UNSW (1 Viewer)

ChrisAli

HSC
Man it sucks being back when everyones working during the week and not up for a good druken time

gork

HSC
N/A
Hey does anyone know when they tell you if you've been accepted into one of the TKC?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
in my case it was 3 weeks before uni began..i think.

this might not apply for s1 offers though

gork

HSC
N/A
Do you think it would be a good idea to ring them to check if i have been accepted or just wait for the email?

gork

HSC
N/A
Frig that sucks....they wont tell me if i've been accepted or declined for this session. Hm i always thought they'd reserve places for successful rural scholarship applicants in the colleges but they apparently don't.

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]As part of the Engineering Rural Scholarships Program several on-campus student residential colleges have agreed to set aside some of their first year places for successful Engineering Rural Scholarship applicants"

And yes...this post is meant to let off some steam.

found Faculty of Engineering - Scholarships

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

le-foot

HSC
I rang up Basser, and the head person said that there is an acute shortage of rooms at the moment. After my interview (by another person since the head of Basser was on leave) I was recommended a place, except they just have not got any.

I'm 'very high on the waiting list' atm on both TKC and NC but ... well, nothing. By the sounds of it I missed out on NC by ... one room -_-

HSC
Hey guys

Yeah sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its not very unlikely at this stage. TKC gets like 7 applicants for each spot so if you got an interview you'd be considered very lucky. Anyway hope to see you guys at Basser next year, if you had an interview with Lauren or Geoff your chances are probably pretty good, but now that UAC has been sorted out for everyone they might not have any places left. Although in my fresher year at Basser there were two people who got accepted the day O-week started. Fingers crossed.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I intend to meet you someday this semester RideTheLightning. We might have seen each other in the dino and never known it.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
4. Is this service free / How can I get a refund? ^
You can post a profile and your ads for free. You can see all the results and start sending messages to members.
You will need to pay a membership fee to read your messages and to access the chat.
If you subscribed to the service and wish to receive a refund, send us an email at support@share-accommodation.net and your case will be reviewed.

stay away imo

ChrisAli

HSC
I would still keep enquiring though as there are some late drop outs for various reasons and don't forget if you keep in the mind of the heads you would be able to get in 2nd session

le-foot

HSC
Hey what are the o-week activities like at New College? Anything too... overboard?

Geologic

Banned
HSC
Does anyone know what the chances are of getting a position at a residential college for session 2 would be, assuming one started the applications now? Am coming up from Melbourne and would prefer this than something non‐catered for, like an apartment.

Last edited:

luk3tm

HSC
N/A
Come to Basser guys! Best college at New South. We aren't dry or hippy like New, gay like Warrane, soft and kosher like Shalom, small and studious like Goldstein, not pig headed pingers like Baxter, or gay like Creston either. Plus we have the best layout, courtyards, everyone is tight with each other....we have a great time!
is it true that goldstein is a more studious college than the other kensington ones?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I got an interview for New College soon, what questions are usually asked?
What are your interests?
Name something interesting/worthwhile that you've done or had recently?
Why do you want to go to New College?

I did the interview 3 years ago (and failed) so I've forgotten most of it but I doubt its changed that much.

You get preference though if you're a smart, rural kid on a scholarship. Otherwise New College is fairly competitive to get into so if you don't have the right circumstances or a high ATAR/extra-curriculars, look elsewhere.

lizajane91

HSC
Yesterday i was offered a spot at Basser even before my interview was over....really surprised considering that i heard TKC are hard to get into..
Im still not sure whether id prefer Basser or Creston tho
Does anyone know if Basser will refund money if i accept a creston place after ive paid the Basser deposit thing?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Yesterday i was offered a spot at Basser even before my interview was over....really surprised considering that i heard TKC are hard to get into..
Im still not sure whether id prefer Basser or Creston tho
Does anyone know if Basser will refund money if i accept a creston place after ive paid the Basser deposit thing?
Isn't Creston that tiny-ass little christian girls college that has 10pm curfews and like 20-30 residents at most?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)