Answers to Accommodation/Colleges questions at UNSW (1 Viewer)

ashllis92

HSC
Eep! I got offered a place in NC yesterday during my interview! What should I expect come semester 1 2010??? Btw, to anyone who has an interview there, the master is super nice! although I did already know him...

lizajane91

HSC
Isn't Creston that tiny-ass little christian girls college that has 10pm curfews and like 20-30 residents at most?
Yeah but you dont have to be christian and the 10pm curfew is only for weekdays, weekends are about 1pm i think.. I just really liked the feel of it and if i get into med im not gonna want to be partying/going out late anyway...

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Yeah but you dont have to be christian and the 10pm curfew is only for weekdays, weekends are about 1pm i think.. I just really liked the feel of it and if i get into med im not gonna want to be partying/going out late anyway...
Trust me.

When you reach university, the last thing you'll want is a curfew.

University is about freedom to study what you like and do what you like. Its not that you say you wont be going out late at night that is such a bad thing but its more the fact you're ok with being in an insulated institution with retarded weekday curfews.

You say this now but just wait next year when the friends you make in med (and yes, if you do get in, med kids tend to get to know each other very well) want to go out at night and you tell them you have a curfew that is not from your parents but a university college?

Just think about it.

Axiom

HSC
N/A
Yesterday i was offered a spot at Basser even before my interview was over....really surprised considering that i heard TKC are hard to get into..
Im still not sure whether id prefer Basser or Creston tho
Does anyone know if Basser will refund money if i accept a creston place after ive paid the Basser deposit thing?
wat did they ask u in the basser interview?

lizajane91

HSC
The interview was really casual actually, just asked a few questions about school/family/predicted ATAR/ course prefences etc and then he went on to talk about what to expect and questions about whether you can cope/adapt to uni...was more like a conversation really...i thonght he was a pretty nice bloke

lizajane91

HSC
Trust me.

When you reach university, the last thing you'll want is a curfew.

University is about freedom to study what you like and do what you like. Its not that you say you wont be going out late at night that is such a bad thing but its more the fact you're ok with being in an insulated institution with retarded weekday curfews.

You say this now but just wait next year when the friends you make in med (and yes, if you do get in, med kids tend to get to know each other very well) want to go out at night and you tell them you have a curfew that is not from your parents but a university college?

Just think about it.

Yeah i understand what ur saying and im not really expecting to get a place at creston anyway (since there arent many spots) im just contemplating my options...thanks for ur advice btw

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
Does anyone about the payment method for the kenso colleges? I was under the impression it was a once a semester fee? Anyone feel like clarifying?

shannon_6

HSC
Sorry to ask it in here, but the link to the when to apply thread wasn't working for me, for some reason. Would now be too late to apply to the Kensington Colleges? Because I've been having trouble getting hold of a school based reference. EDIT: also, I live quite a fair distance away from Sydney (say, a day's worth of driving) and probably wouldn't have an alternative re accommodation - do they give priority to people in my situation? Sorry if it seems like a silly question, haha.

Last edited:

cabso1

HSC
Sorry to ask it in here, but the link to the when to apply thread wasn't working for me, for some reason. Would now be too late to apply to the Kensington Colleges? Because I've been having trouble getting hold of a school based reference. EDIT: also, I live quite a fair distance away from Sydney (say, a day's worth of driving) and probably wouldn't have an alternative re accommodation - do they give priority to people in my situation? Sorry if it seems like a silly question, haha.
Yeah they give priority to people who live far away. And no, it's not too late. I applied a couple of weeks ago and they're still giving out offers. Their application is nasty though, I had to write out the entire application which was painful. Add to that my bad handwriting and I doubt if anyone would be able to read it. Anyway yes, apply now! They give out a lot of their offers in January, so anytime between now and then gives you a fair chance of a place.

JesseMatheson

HSC
I applied for UNSWvillage and got a spot BUT I wasnt aware we would have to pay a $600 deposit fee 2 weeks from getting an offer.
I think thats pretty slack that they do that, especially to students who may be applying to a far few Uni's and so a fair few places for accommodation.

JesseMatheson

HSC
I applied for UNSWvillage and got a spot BUT I wasnt aware we would have to pay a $600 deposit fee 2 weeks from getting an offer.
I think thats pretty slack that they do that, especially to students who may be applying to a far few Uni's and so a fair few places for accommodation.

cabso1

HSC
I agree. That and they ask us to sign a year's lease. That's like paying for about 4-5 months when you won't be using it.

vzech

HSC
Eep! I got offered a place in NC yesterday during my interview! What should I expect come semester 1 2010??? Btw, to anyone who has an interview there, the master is super nice! although I did already know him...
Me too! I'm so excited!

P.T.F.E

HSC
im soo screwed for accomodation... i really need accom now that i have my atar i will defs be goin to unsw... what do u reakon the likely hood of gettin accom now... i live a good 7hrs from syd so i am desperate.

P.T.F.E

HSC
hey can anyone help me out, i have an interview at the new college and i just assumed u go to the new college building for the interview, my mother has made me rethink that and i was wondering if anyone tell me where to go for the interview

henry08

HSC
N/A
UNSW Village still have palces available, as do most of the residential colleges.

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
hey can anyone help me out, i have an interview at the new college and i just assumed u go to the new college building for the interview, my mother has made me rethink that and i was wondering if anyone tell me where to go for the interview
Hi,

yes you go to the New College building (not New College Village). It's located on Anzac Parade near Barker Street.

Axiom

HSC
N/A
When do 1st year Kenso people move in? What date?

henry08

HSC
N/A
Whenever, cdepends upon where.

I'm moving in mid Feb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)