Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I went to the Chinese restaurant the other night

"Herro how r yoo vewy good? What you want yes?"
"I'll have a curry chicken."
"Ahhh yah yah cuwwy chicken vewy good ha ha yesh vewy good is dat be all?"

:lol:

Yeah but we're moneyfaces. We know how to bullshit you guys for the money. Money is the only currency we talk. Still, I'd really rather be put down a million times than get told meaningless crap like you're good all the time when you're clearly not good enough to get the position. I'm just so worried about this whole situation. I hate taking medication but I wonder if I should go get myself prescribed a benzo or something. I'm so anxious and wound up and I can't have that.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Alright. Going off to interview. It's a 10 minute drive but I'm having lunch first. Goodness knows how my appetite will hold up (can't eat when stressed). Wish me luck. It may be the only community one I get.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
phil essay: 933/2500
chem assignment 1: more or less complete
chem assignment 2: more or less about 10% done

:(

lala2

Banned
HSC
Stop stressing! Seriously!

Good luck :)
Thanks. Just got back. I don't think I'll get it, because there's 50 applications for the 2 positions. Terrible isn't it? All the community ones are equally as bad as the hospital ones. *sigh* and I thought community would be a piss easy backup. One position is confirmed, and it's taken by a student who's come in the top 4 every year of our degree. The other's still open, which they're interviewing for, and I'm lucky I didn't miss the boat on that one--there's still 1-2 weeks to go. They will let me know in 2 weeks (if I get it, that is).

I did alright I think, but it's just a matter of whoever's the best, will get it. And I don't think I'm the best. I hate life so much right now. Seriously, you guys should be glad you do degrees that either a) actually mean it when they say they guarantee a job, or b) don't guarantee jobs but you know it doesn't. The pharmacist who interviewed me graduated 4 years ago. At that time, USYD was the only pharmacy course in the whole country, and they had 80 graduates. Now, there's 500. A good 250 from USYD, another 150 from Charles Sturt, 30 each from the masters at USYD, Canberra and Newcastle, and interstate people too. Oh, and probably overseas people too. If there's one thing I wish I had most in this world, it'd be to see the future so that I didn't get myself into this mess.

Now, where's the bawling emoticon when you need it?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Is why I likes teaching.

Lots of graduates, but lots of jobs too.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Haha yeah, except that I'd make a terrible teacher. I'm really bad at explaining stuff.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Some of you may vaguely remember saying what I would do if I didn't get any answers by a certain date. That certain date has arrived, and I've received no answers. So, lo and behold!

lala2

Banned
HSC
what is that windows 98 or something
No, it's Vista. My laptop's screwed with multiple Trojans, so I started it in safe mode. Yes, I know I shouldn't have internet access during safe mode, but I simply don't have the patience or time to go fix it. I tried for 2 hours, but just gave up. I'll do it after exams are over.

You're going to do another degree if you don't get a graduate job?
Yes. And trust me, it's what I've wanted to do for a long time. In fact, it's what I should've done instead of this degree :angry: It could become a very real possibility. There are many people from the year above who didn't get graduate jobs, I don't know how they sat around for 6 months (if they were lucky to find a mid-year job), or 12 months, but I don't intend to do nothing.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
No, it's Vista. My laptop's screwed with multiple Trojans, so I started it in safe mode. Yes, I know I shouldn't have internet access during safe mode, but I simply don't have the patience or time to go fix it. I tried for 2 hours, but just gave up. I'll do it after exams are over.

Yes. And trust me, it's what I've wanted to do for a long time. In fact, it's what I should've done instead of this degree :angry: It could become a very real possibility. There are many people from the year above who didn't get graduate jobs, I don't know how they sat around for 6 months (if they were lucky to find a mid-year job), or 12 months, but I don't intend to do nothing.
lol y dont u just wait a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)