SBS TV looking for gamers (1 Viewer)

kate-insight

HSC
N/A
Hi there,

My name is Kate Mayhew and I am a researcher for Insight on SBS TV (www.sbs.com.au/insight). I am trying to find people to talk to who use the internet a lot and who are keen online gamers. I'd love to hear from you about what you do online, time you spend online and what games you play if your'e a gamer. This is for a program we're filming next week. If this sounds like you and you'd be happy to have a chat email me (katema@sbs.com.au) or message me here. Thanks! Kate.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I go on the internet, yes. But define 'online gamer'... does that mean things like WoW/Runescape or can it mean other games like NationStates and Astro Empires?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Oh fuck off, did anyone read the link?

Overview

Can the internet, food and sex be as addictive as drugs and alcohol?
Add Your Comments
Currently 74 comments
The internet, food and sex are part of everyday life, but can they be addictive too?

Join our Live Chat after the show

Some say they can be. Those who have lost control over their online gaming, eating and sexual habits say these addictions are just as devastating as drugs and alcohol. And as scientists learn more about addiction, they are beginning to agree.

Amid reports of online gamers in China and South Korea dying at the keyboard, some psychologists and psychiatrists now believe that internet addiction should be classed as a mental disorder.

But others argue that society has become addicted to being addicted.

What is addiction? When does passion or obsession become addiction and how do we treat it?

Join us as we talk to addicts of all kinds and from all walks of life for a fascinating discussion on the science of addiction.

Dr Kerryn Rubin, Professor Jon Currie, Robert Mittiga and Dr Dan Lubman will join our online chat immediately after the program.
Ill put my name down as a avid gamer, but seriously, if my words get minced and turns me out to be some soon to be WoW injecting freak, watch out.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I saw the last ~15 mins of it last night, it did actually looked quite balanced. The best thing about Insight is that they do get a broad range of educated people, as opposed to just a bunch of belligerent people who have experienced the extreme cases.

The stuff in that synopsis was just an attention grabber, the show didn't seem to demonise gamers that much.

Last edited:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Amid reports of online gamers in China and South Korea dying at the keyboard, some psychologists and psychiatrists now believe that internet addiction should be classed as a mental disorder.
ahahhaha killed in real life.
i think it is the complmentry gift of game developer and weak mind of game player

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)