Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
easiest way to do well in group assignments is to do them yourself. My take anyway.

Who's going to unsw oktoberfest? Cant believe I have only met two usyd bosers...(and i met nebs in first year!)
see, i don't remember this happening. unless you're the indian bloke who offered me an umbrella one day when it was raining at unsw, who subsequently transferred to usyd the same year that i did, who i saw not a few weeks back outside madsen?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
see, i don't remember this happening. unless you're the indian bloke who offered me an umbrella one day when it was raining at unsw, who subsequently transferred to usyd the same year that i did, who i saw not a few weeks back outside madsen?
I envy your memory.

I am always around Madsen, so yeh that's me.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
hahaha. it's pretty amazing that i knew who you were the whole time but didn't know that you were velox. i just thought it was some random dude who used to go to unsw and transferred to usyd and always kinda looked at me knowingly when i saw him. next time say "hi are you from the internetz?"

Nebuchanezzar said:
hmmm. yes i'd say that would have been me.

who wants a taste of senior organic chem lab eh? this is what i assume is the mechanism for the final steps of our route. a cycloaddition reaction followed by some kind of convoluted elimination reaction, and lastly another odd elimination? very unsure about the last two but im sure the first one is right. makes sense right? who knows chem?

i don't mean to pat my back, but today i worked out im a mechanism champion. :cool:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
some moron decided to pour waste thionyl chloride down the drain today in chemistry, so the back of the lab had the awful pungent smell of burning death.

i swear some people that do practical chem shouldn't even be allowed in the lab in the first place. following instruction is not hard
-do not use flash silica outside of the fumehood
-do not light a match near any organic solvent
-do not expose thionyl chloride to people that don't want their nose burnt!

christ almighty.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i think i'll do chemistry honours
so i can be like my hero, silver persian
but with a useful degree

ahahahekekekekeke
nah kidding m8 jks jks

HSC
Nah it's pretty much spot on. Continue lambasting sociology.

Do you have to write a thesis for chemistry honours? Or is it coursework?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
it's both. from what i understand, you take a coursework subject per semester (or two) as you do in arts. but you spend the rest of the time in a lab making shit for research and then writing a thesis on that research, obvs since i despise physical and inorganic, i'd do organic which would be making drugs probably.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Thinking of showing "Edward Scissorhands" to my grade7 students. It has a PG rating. What do you guys think? Do you think it'd be kinda scary?

(Mostly because I'm chicken and that film makes my heart ache and I'm worried the girls might be a bit frightened. Having said that, I really want to show them wonderful, beautiful films :))

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^Aww. I was scared of Edward Scissorhands in Year 4, but you grow up really fast between then and Year 7. So, idk. Had Concord/RPA interview this morning. Seemed alright. Except they said they wouldn't offer me if I'd accepted an offer elsewhere and I was like....wtf? Stupid people trying to crowd out the competition. And that makes me in a double dilemma because....yesterday I got offered (and accepted) Manly. (I lied and said no to that question).

So, dum dee dum. I just hope they won't have time to call up today if they're conducting as many interviews as I think they will be (they are really good at chasing them down). They expect to make offers tomorrow. I'm hoping the head pharmacist at Manly isn't coming into work today and hence they won't have time to call him up. If the letter from HR hasn't arrived yet I technically am not formally into the position. Just argh.

First there were no offers. And now I could potentially be made a third and I'm like....*head explodes*

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Pre-enroling sucks. I don't want to do this degree anymore. :)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Jayadore said:
Thinking of showing "Edward Scissorhands" to my grade7 students. It has a PG rating. What do you guys think? Do you think it'd be kinda scary?
you're gonna be one of those teachers the kids pick on with that attitude

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i saw max planck's letter in honi

i particular enjoyed his admission that he supports minority groups or some equally preposterous statement

you'd whore yourself to anything to get published, sir.

spence

HSC
I'll be in Bali in just over 24 hours :)

Just gotta get this essay done first

148/1200

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i saw black kat meow today
barging into my lecture theatre
uninvited and prematurely
she looked at me
i looked at her
she turned around and walked away

:(

/wrists
MY SIGNATURE IS IN GOOD FUN COMRADE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)