Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (1 Viewer)

mazarati

HSC
Yep, because you clearly believe that violence against women is okay because it was in a fucked-up holy book.

I thought that this was a free country - free speech, free to believe what you want to believe in.

...you're as narrow minded as those bloody terrorists.

If you can't respect that people might actually think differently to you, then i think you should rethink your levels of maturity. I'm not going to spend my time arguing with a person who consistently attacks beliefs, instead of questioning them in healthy discussion.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I hope once you leave the sheltered world of an eastern suburbs selective school you realise how incongruent with Australian society your views are.

Lol since when was there free speech in Australia?
You can say whatever you like, I'm not stopping you - but that doesn't mean I'm not going to call you on your shit when you condone violence against women.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
I thought that this was a free country - free speech, free to believe what you want to believe in.

If you can't respect that people might actually think differently to you, then i think you should rethink your levels of maturity. I'm not going to spend my time arguing with a person who consistently attacks beliefs, instead of questioning them in healthy discussion.
i will question you in healthy discussion
whilst forcing you to have sex with me
and beating you (not too violently) when you refuse

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

You believe that it is okay for women to be beaten up by their husbands for the sake of their religion. Me questioning that is not violating your "right to free speech/beliefs", darling. It's questioning your belief in suppressing the rights of others, I.e. those poor beaten -up and raped women.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
You believe that it is okay for women to be beaten up by their husbands for the sake of their religion. Me questioning that is not violating your "right to free speech/beliefs", darling. It's questioning your belief in suppressing the rights of others, I.e. those poor beaten -up and raped women.
More to the point Australian law specfically bans speech condoning violence. You couldn't say this kind of thing in public.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
People have always attacked and been afraid of what they don't understand.

It reminds me of The Crucible.
If you think throwing around arbitrary literary references you learned about in high school is going to make you sound smarter, think again.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
People have always attacked and been afraid of what they don't understand.

It reminds me of The Crucible.
Oh you think you know what you're talking about because you did ext. english how cute. We aren't on a which hunt, you said these things yourself.

What I can't believe is that you are a young lady and saying these things.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
i probably wouldnt feel any remorse in raping a chick who felt that way

just sayin'

mazarati

HSC
More to the point Australian law specfically bans speech condoning violence. You couldn't say this kind of thing in public.

Which is why I don't go around in public proclaiming it. I believe in what the Quran says, but at the same time I acknowledge that I'm living in a Western country, Western values and Western laws.

of course i'm going to respect that. my beliefs are that, my own, but i don't publicly denounce Australians for drinking etc.

If that's ok to them, fine with me.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Which is why I don't go around in public proclaiming it. I believe in what the Quran says, but at the same time I acknowledge that I'm living in a Western country, Western values and Western laws.

of course i'm going to respect that. my beliefs are that, my own, but i don't publicly denounce Australians for drinking etc.

You believe it's okay for a man to beat up his wife or rape her.

You believe it's okay to marry children?

You believe it's okay to stone someone for adultery?

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A

okay

so you actually believe, because it is in the quran, that a man can rape his wife if she doesnt want to have sex with him

and that he can beat if her if she refuses?

As a human being, how can you not see why this is wrong?

mazarati

HSC
You believe it's okay for a man to beat up his wife or rape her.

You believe it's okay to marry children?

You believe it's okay to stone someone for adultery?
there are soooo many misconceptions about Islam out there- like stoning and marrying children for example.

you seem very set in your ways. i won't waste my breath explaining to you.

mazarati

HSC
okay

so you actually believe, because it is in the quran, that a man can rape his wife if she doesnt want to have sex with him

and that he can beat if her if she refuses?

As a human being, how can you not see why this is wrong?
and i believe that a woman has the right to walk away and divorce her husband if he treats her like that.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
there are soooo many misconceptions about Islam out there- like stoning and marrying children for example.

you seem very set in your ways. i won't waste my breath explaining to you.
Mohammad was betrothed to Aisha when she was six or seven, and the marriage was consummated when she was nine.

Nine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)