General Thoughts: Agriculture (1 Viewer)

ScullyBCDali

HSC
So... how did we all go!?

How did we all find it?!

I was stumped by question 1 (a), and couldnt get my head straight from then on... :(

I would have gone well, but id be suprised if i get in the 90's, which i am devo about cos i got 49.4/50 for my end of year mark!

But its over now... that was the only exam i cared about cos i want a scholarship at Tocal (anyone goin to Tocal ag collage btw? :D)

Hope you all went better than i did

alisondance

HSC
Re: Done and dusted.

haha i reckon! our teacher was sooo useless we didnt even know what we studied for the paper two modules!!
totally confused with the very first question and the rest! haha i memorized a scientific plant name and it wasnt even able to be related! haha through it in at the end of an essay on GM! ;)

how'd everyone feel!!!!!! im not too confident our teacher always marked high i reckon so not sure how these guys'l mark! think i passed though! :)

6 to go...didnt even feel like that one counted!

larka

HSC

it definately wasnt as difficult as i imagined it was going to be.
especially after all the horror stories from the business studies exam beforehand

i went to a video conference from the ag hsc markers and they mark pretty leniently- they look to award marks.. they dont take any off

so i think everyone is alright there :)

Standard english
Agriculture (finished!)
Drama (half over!)
Bio
Maths
TAFE: Animal Studies (finished!)

Last edited:

-Aimz-

HSC

Glad that ones over lol
paper 1 was a breeze but paper two what was with q2 and 5a ? the others were alright
anyway like allie said 2 down 6 to go

Last edited:

Stressed MEGZ

HSC
Re: So... how did we all go!?

Hey I think i went pretty good actually haha I am currently first in course at school so hopefully i got in the 90's. I was actually planning to go to tocal next year, not sure yet though!

I studied alot and actually was happy with all questions except question 1. YUK! it was hard and pointless, the diagram was different to what we learnt and it was poorly designed! god what happens at x hey, well.....

It was different to past papers, loved the question on pastures - only required intorduced species! and the hormone one was good to.
Overall i believe i aced it, dunno. I just love ag so much! its th one i study for all the time hahaha. I can't beleive high school ag is over for ever!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Predicting 8+ state ranks out of 10 from Ruse.

1+ of them will be my year 11 friend.

mandyxpoo

HSC

man i thought paper 1 was very...skills based and not ummm...the stuff we learnt in class based!

ruse09

HSC

Indeed it is done and dusted.
Too bad our school will once again take the majority of state rankings.

I wish there was more competition against our school; create a more level playing field.

zeleboy

HSC

I wish there was more competition against our school; create a more level playing field.
Modesty just oozes out of you mate.

q3thefish

HSC

Did you not hear? Hurlstone 09' > Ruse 09'

True story.

ScullyBCDali

HSC

I had too high esxpectations (my lowest mark all yaer was 97%) so i was disapointed... i was actuarlly aiming for 99/100% in this one, so i guess thats y i was so dissapointed when i coulnt answer the first question... :(

I do agriculture by correspondance, so im pretty porud of getting 99% as a yearly mark :D (btw, never do correspondance courses unless youre 100% dedicated! THEY SUCK!)

Hey Meg, if you do decide you wanna go to tocal, give me a buzz! Would be good to chat to you over MSN... :p

ScullyBCDali

HSC

I was aiming to beat a few of the Ruse guys, but the first question threw me, and i had trouble getting my head back together...

I got 99% for my yearly mark, so was hopin to go well but... *sigh* we'll just have to see

Correspondance Agriculture FTW!

tankelpie

HSC

I'm soo glad the ag one is done and dusted:)! While I love the subject, I dislike the teacher:chainsaw: and the hsc exam:chainsaw:!

ScullyBCDali

HSC
Where to now?

Where are you all headed now?

Any of you persuing a career in agriculture? Going to an Ag collage? Tocal or Armidale maybe?

I'm heading to Tocal next year... Cert III in agriculture, but if its too easy i'll skip up to cert IV... I got 99% as a yearly mark and hope to get a nice scholarship...

Or are you all after compleatly different careers?

Im curious how many people who took agriculture are actuarly interested in it as a career, was it just a fun subject, or easy marks???

~ Scully

Becccc

HSC

i think that maybe our class spent a littttttle too much time on animal production and practicals.
but we hardly did anything on our electives in class, i was using the stuff id learnt from earth. :S
ahh well. hakuna matata.

alisondance

HSC

omg we didnt even know what our modules were! i wish our school got more rankings we're too far out! i got 95 as my class mark so i was hoping to do well but im the same as mandy the first question threw me and i was off like a bag of prawns!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)