How did you go lovelies? (1 Viewer)

jamersonx

HSC
What did everyone think of the exam?

Personally I thought the Aussie theatre and Restoration comedy questions were bloody brillz. Ended up writing 12 pages for each.

Its. Almost. Over.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
What were the Australian questions this year, if I may ask?

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Thank god for that. I was a bit annoyed about the whole staging thing, but I'd written notes so it was just recollection.

I just wrote heaps and heaps and heaps, managed to write my prepared essays PLUS the staging stuff in the actual 1 1/2 hours. I have, however, prevented any future use of my right hand, but all is well. Had to literally unclench it.

Anyone else do American drama? How the heck do you re-stage Our Town. The staging is the whole point of it!!

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
"How could Australian plays you have studied be staged to communicate distinctly Australian values and attitudes?"

:)
you forgot the whole 'in relation to techniques, styles, conventions, anything else you can fucking cram into 45 minutes'

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ah, so they made it necessary to give a theatrical response, as opposed to dramatic. Interesting...

Aeriff

HSC
I found the questions to be a bit odd.. nothing I couldn't write about though. If you think about it, everything you wrote in those essays was purely hypothetical (how COULD) etc. I used a couple of examples of staging from live performances I'd seen so I didn't feel like a total idiot making a bunch of stuff up.

six demon bag

HSC
Happy with how I went! I think I went better than in the trial and I got 38/40 for that :)
Dane, Brecht question was something like, "Brecht believed entertainment was equally as important as ideas" Really good question haha.

Think I wrote about 13/14 pages for each...

septic.

HSC
Thank god for that. I was a bit annoyed about the whole staging thing, but I'd written notes so it was just recollection.

I just wrote heaps and heaps and heaps, managed to write my prepared essays PLUS the staging stuff in the actual 1 1/2 hours. I have, however, prevented any future use of my right hand, but all is well. Had to literally unclench it.

Anyone else do American drama? How the heck do you re-stage Our Town. The staging is the whole point of it!!
I do American. I didn't write about 're-staging' it per se; I just wrote about how we staged it in a class workshop, using nothing but drama blocks to create a table and chairs on each side to represent the Gibbs and Webb household. It was just about seeing it on stage, you didn't have to stage it extremely differently or anything.

Anywho.
Personally I thought the Australian theatre question was strange, with the whole 'distinctly' Australian thing going on. Dunno. Just made sure I put in heaps of workshops and the production of Removalists we saw at STC. Really hope I got a band 6 for this... if not I'll cry. haha

Aeriff

HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org...ghts-english-extension-1-a/8.html#post4683234

i reiterate, the amount of pages you write is in no way indicative of how well you went. ever.
Never implied that. Just asking how it was managed is all :) Need I say again: WE ALL SURVIVED THE HSC!?

Anywho.
Personally I thought the Australian theatre question was strange, with the whole 'distinctly' Australian thing going on. Dunno. Just made sure I put in heaps of workshops and the production of Removalists we saw at STC. Really hope I got a band 6 for this... if not I'll cry. haha
A lot of my re-staging stuff was from productions I'd seen and the occasional workshop.. I felt like too much of an idiot going on hypothetical stagings. Now to await tomorrow's rankings.. I'm hoping for a first in Drama.

Last edited:

septic.

HSC
A lot of my re-staging stuff was from productions I'd seen and the occasional workshop.. I felt like too much of an idiot going on hypothetical stagings. Now to await tomorrow's rankings.. I'm hoping for a first in Drama.
Yeah you'd be right then, workshops and stuff you've seen are really good. I only had like one hypothetical staging, for the Chapel Perilous, because we hadn't done enough workshops on it & there's been no performances of it.

Also, didn't you already receive your ranks from school...? So the ranks that come out tomorrow shouldn't be anything you don't already know??

Aeriff

HSC
Also, didn't you already receive your ranks from school...? So the ranks that come out tomorrow shouldn't be anything you don't already know??
My school made up something that it's a Board of Studies 'rule' that you can't know final rankings. Only rank I got was pre-trials. So ranks are all new to me, fucking bullshit.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Never implied that. Just asking how it was managed is all :) Need I say again: WE ALL SURVIVED THE HSC!?

I know, I know. I just get sick of people talking about pages when they literally mean nothing. A whole thread in the Adv English forum was discussing pages. Eckh!

I went into the hypothetical AND classroom workshopping AND productions id seen. Fuck, no wonder i was writing literally until the supervisor was forcing the pen from my hand. Well, that was stupid on my part.

septic.

HSC
My school made up something that it's a Board of Studies 'rule' that you can't know final rankings. Only rank I got was pre-trials. So ranks are all new to me, fucking bullshit.
WOW that's so weird. I think I'd die not knowing hahaha. That rule is definitely absolute bullshit-- so not true.

harryc

HSC
Thought the Australian question was okay - although I pretty much hate anything that asks how things could be staged. Then I got to Tragedy, and pretty much died. I'm pretty sure I failed it, because the question to me just made no sense, but meh, HSC over now. Nothing I can do about it.

septic.

HSC
Thought the Australian question was okay - although I pretty much hate anything that asks how things could be staged. Then I got to Tragedy, and pretty much died. I'm pretty sure I failed it, because the question to me just made no sense, but meh, HSC over now. Nothing I can do about it.
Duuude I looked at the question for tragedy during reading time (even though I don't do it-- I just love Angels in America) and I thought it was quite hard, too. I reckon people who did tragedy probably had it harder than everyone else =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)