Worst car on the road today? (4 Viewers)

chuboy

HSC
Tell everyone what you think, be it terrible styling, shopping-trolley handling, crap engine, or just plain douchey.

As far as stock cars go the Getz is my least favourite. Seems to look shit in every colour and has an engine which would struggle to power a bicycle. Frugal at the pump at least though...

pman

Banned
HSC
Toyota Yaris/echo....Terrible cars, front wheel drive, crap handling and no guts

OR

Hummer H2/3.....Giant, cannot corner, ugly, really bad acceleration, cost heaps to run, gas guzzle, don't fit down narrow streets

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Hummers.

Pointless wankmobiles. Massive consumers of fuel and space. Like a massive 4WD without the possibility that maybe they need it to tow the boat or drive off-road.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
hummers are decent off road though

yaris are decent for what they are, tehre are worse small cars

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
hummers are decent off road though

yaris are decent for what they are, tehre are worse small cars

But does anyone actually take them off road? You just see them driving tossers around the suburbs and city.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
SUVs are a good compromise between sedans and dedicated 4wds. Not good at either but not horrible. Most are better on road than >15yr old sedans and probably stop faster.

pman

Banned
HSC
SUV's and 4WD are horrible becouse you cannot see past them, they can't stop, they take pedestrians underneath the car instead of onto the bonnet, they roll instead of sliding so you can't regain control etc etc, horrible cars that shouldn't be allowed on the road!

EDIT: If you want an SUV, buy a subaru outback, has all the benifitsof an SUV but is safer and you can see past them!

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
modern SUVs are better than most >!5yr old cars, can stop better, lol what do you mean you cant see past them?

also i have seen a study showing that the large frontal area of 4wds is better for pedestrians because of force dispersal and the fact that they hit them in the chest, instead of knees which causes them to be flung into the air/winscreen, making them safer

they roll because of higher centres of gravity, which is becoming less pronounced in newer models. dont lose control and you wont roll, i know plenty of sedans that have rolled.

pman

Banned
HSC
In a low car (such as my mothers MX-5), all you can see through the back window of and SUV is the roof! this is a problem when you mare watching traffic further up the road through the windows! You also cannot see low cars on front of them!
My car stops better than any modern SUV and it is seven years old! I would never buy an SUV (many of which are only 2WD anyway) and I am of the opinion they they should not be road legal!

Compared to any car of the same era and price range, an SUV will lose in handling tests.

Yes, sedans and such can roll but normally they will slide first, this gives you a chance to bring them back under control.

As a cyclist, I have been ht by a sedan and all I broke was my arm, Somebody who was hit at lower speed by an SUV got knocked under the car, broke three ribs and had his leg crushed by a wheel! You are much safer landing on the bonnet of the car than going underneath! The same thing happens with pedestrians as happens with cyclists.

Another thing that should be banned is a bull bar, they are quite dangerous and will knnock the pedestrian under the vehicle

will-anal

Banned
HSC
I hit a guy on a bike in a Holden Astra and he was ok.

His bike wasn't.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
what do you mean anyway lol of course SUVs slide, they will just roll more easily eventually than a sedan due to the higher centre of gravity

pman

Banned
HSC
neither bike was OK in the examples cited, in fact, both crashes completly wrote of 5-10,000 bikes! The 4WD also had no Idea where the cyclist was or even what they'd hit, they parked on top of the cyclist and decided his bike was OK, even though it was a write off! Only then did they move the car of the cyclist!

pman

Banned
HSC
what do you mean anyway lol of course SUVs slide, they will just roll more easily eventually than a sedan due to the higher centre of gravity
Older SUV's don't slide and when the suc slides, you have less time to correct b4 rolling, the SUV rolls easier

pman

Banned
HSC
not really, you put decent tires on them and they roll first, do the maths (taking into account rubber compound, tire temp, raod friction etc etc), you will find that they roll b4 the slide. BTW, sliding =4 wheel sliding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)