Worst car on the road today? (6 Viewers)

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
No.
The reason they are cheap is because they are shit. Sure, chuck on a bit of plastic and paint and any car can look good, appealing to the younger generations. Generally, they are not mechanically sound. Once you hit say 50k kilometres you will be getting monthly services. They have no grunt, break if you touch them and are pretty much a poor excuses for a car. If you want a decent small car, invest in a VW Polo.
And lol at the nissan Micra. Worst shaped/designed car ever.
What annoys me more is the people who drive these cars thinking they are king shit. I was at the lights yesterday next to a green P-Plater Yaris driver, revving his engine. I honestly started laughing. He took off at the lights turned green in an attempt to try 'race' me. I don't think he realised the power of a commodore compared to his Yaris.

/End rant on small cars&small car drivers
cool story

my small girly 2 door peugeot 206 with its 2L 4 banger will beat pretty much any stock v6 commodore

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
any of those douchebag mobiles that are modified to sound like the car is on the brink of explosion when its trying to get up a small hill.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
No.
The reason they are cheap is because they are shit. Sure, chuck on a bit of plastic and paint and any car can look good, appealing to the younger generations. Generally, they are not mechanically sound. Once you hit say 50k kilometres you will be getting monthly services. They have no grunt, break if you touch them and are pretty much a poor excuses for a car. If you want a decent small car, invest in a VW Polo.
And lol at the nissan Micra. Worst shaped/designed car ever.
What annoys me more is the people who drive these cars thinking they are king shit. I was at the lights yesterday next to a green P-Plater Yaris driver, revving his engine. I honestly started laughing. He took off at the lights turned green in an attempt to try 'race' me. I don't think he realised the power of a commodore compared to his Yaris.

/End rant on small cars&small car drivers
Err... built to a budget? You sound like someone who has done a half assed attempt at studying economics and forget that the supply will shift in response to changes in demand.

Anyway back on topic though, I know not to think too lowly of Yaris drivers. One of the workshops I frequent has a turbocharged stripped out Yaris built for racing and because it is so light and agile, it can beat quite a lot of much more well endowed cars. At the track, even a normal Yaris with a bit of decent tuning and weight reduction is serious competition for most normal cars with it's agility and tight turning capability. No doubt a Commodore should flog it at the lights, but unfortunately there is more to life than straight roads.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
iirc they are about the same

Edit: 20yr old commodore

VN, 3.8L V6 = 127kw

'10 yaris = 80kw

not a huge difference, especially once weight is factored in lol
True... But my friend has the '09 Yaris Sport and my '88 EA Falcon S-pack (steel bodied friggen CRUISE SHIP!) beats it off the line no problem. Both are auto, mine is a 3 speed hydraulic borg-warner and hers the 4 (or 5?) speed electrical 'yota box.

Power to weight ratio doesn't matter with the Yaris... They just suck as stock.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Yeah well my pos 250cc motorcycle would make a meal out of your shitbox commodore off the line and around most corners
see where this is going?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
True... But my friend has the '09 Yaris Sport and my '88 EA Falcon S-pack (steel bodied friggen CRUISE SHIP!) beats it off the line no problem. Both are auto, mine is a 3 speed hydraulic borg-warner and hers the 4 (or 5?) speed electrical 'yota box.

Power to weight ratio doesn't matter with the Yaris... They just suck as stock.
There's more to life than who can get off the line faster in a straight line. I'd rather be in the Yaris if there was going to be an accident too.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
that deserves a new thread imo
In all seriousness though, would you really take a budget hatchback over a decade old family sedan in a crash? I'm sure the safety systems in the yaris are great but really, I doubt it'd count for much once mr state transit bus has lined you up

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
i would rather be in a yaris than an EA falcon (lol worst cars) if a bus has lined me up lol seriously

its like being in a tin can VS a foam lined tin can with airbags when someone is stomping on the can

HalcyonSky

HSC
id rather be in the yaris full stop

id never be seen in a commodore

rozymisty

HSC
one of my housemates work collegue has a Getz and says that when she got hers a few years ago, it had the safety features better than yaris: she said that the back wheels go down or somthing if you take a corner too fast and so its harder to roll the car or something. Didnt expect to hear that about a Getz...

quik.

HSC
[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e5lHdZ8gF6E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e5lHdZ8gF6E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

pman

Banned
HSC
Would rather a small gutsy car (e.g. lotus exige) than a commedore, at least with the exige i can get out of the way

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Would rather a small gutsy car (e.g. lotus exige) than a commedore, at least with the exige i can get out of the way
Nah, have to admit the Commodore is hella lot more practical fitting more people and more luggage (with more weight).

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
There's more to life than who can get off the line faster in a straight line. I'd rather be in the Yaris if there was going to be an accident too.
Very true. But they were talking off-the-line speed. Yaris would have the EA for breakfast around corners.

My EA (before it became mine) hit a pole head on, on the highway, doing around 90 km/h and all that happened was the bumper got pulled under the wheels, the bonnet was pushed up, the rad broken and a headlight smashed. No casualties.

I also saw an accident with a Yaris in the same situation, and the car wrapped around the pole, killing the driver and seriously injuring the passenger.

Full-body steel is good in some situations.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Very true. But they were talking off-the-line speed. Yaris would have the EA for breakfast around corners.

My EA (before it became mine) hit a pole head on, on the highway, doing around 90 km/h and all that happened was the bumper got pulled under the wheels, the bonnet was pushed up, the rad broken and a headlight smashed. No casualties.

I also saw an accident with a Yaris in the same situation, and the car wrapped around the pole, killing the driver and seriously injuring the passenger.

Full-body steel is good in some situations.
Lol m8

shuttle_bus5

HSC
A Yaris would be terrible in a car accident. Sure they talk up all the safety features and shit like that, but its pretty much a marketing gimmic, targeting rich parents who want their kids to be safe, so they MUST buy something with 7 airbags, ESP, EBD and all the other bullshit they add into a < 18k car. An airbag would be great if you were to have an accident in a car park. But in reality an airbag would not do shit when your exceeding 80 k/ph. Try running at a brickwall with a pillow on your head. It's not going to do a thing. I would much rather have a sturdy, heavier and bigger Full body steel like what 'ausbluesman' said, that would at least be able to withstand some force.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)