do the asians hard to adjust to the life in MQ? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostless

HSC
I am a chinese and i will go to MQ on March 2010,cuz i want to make friends with locals asap so that i can fully enjoy the foreign lives as well as pratice english,do the asians always find it hard to get along well with the local people?:lol::lol:

blackrider89

HSC
I am a chinese and i will go to MQ on March 2010,cuz i want to make friends with locals asap so that i can fully enjoy the foreign lives as well as pratice english,do the asians always find it hard to get along well with the local people?:lol::lol:
If u don't treat urself with enough respect (including ur ethnicity, culture...) who can?

Find it a bit hard to (try to) be like an Oz is ok. One cannot (and should not) just forget all about his childhood...in his hometown. But to "get along well" I think it's not a problem at all, as long as u can behave properly.

frostless

HSC
why i worried about this problem it is because i hear frequently that there are too much chinese students in australia always hang out with their chinese peers and even can't speak english better when they come back.

i am kind of introvert,so i am wodering i can make friends easily as you,foreigners are always popular in china partly because they are extrovert

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
You will find it hard, its just cultural difference, even with chinese born and breed in australia. Possible but you need to work hard to make friends.

ascentyx

HSC
lol this thread is funny.

i applaud your ' i want to make friends with locals' attitude i'm sure you will make heaps of friends if you're friendly enough.

chowm

HSC
if you really want to make friends and to be known among the common locals, then get a job in the area so as to establish yourself in their community or at least carry out some volunteer work for a week if no jobs are available.

ascentyx

HSC
make sure to join lots of clubs and go to events and parties and stuff :D

X

xeuyrawp

I highly doubt you will be the first Chinese international student to actually bother speaking with local students, so in answer to your question: No, I'm sure you will adjust fine to life at Macquarie.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You are right about a lot of poeople coming over and sticking to their own culture though. If you want to 'befriend the locals' then you have to go out of your way to do that. You've got a good attititude, so you just need to show it to people. It will probably require you to be a little more extraverted though.

frostless

HSC
you guys are so sweet,maybe i will find and hang out with you immediately when i get to MQ

blackrider89

HSC
So I assume that ur HSC (2012) means u're about to graduate from MQ in this year? Or u're going 2 Oz to study High school?

Viridis

HSC
Hi! Me too , I just wonder about it

Im Indonesian and Im going to MQ next year (Actually im going to SIBT first:shy:)
im going to SIBT next year on june

Hope I can adjust with u guys...

Viridis

HSC
Why you guys hate asians so much??

Hi guys,
Im Indonesian and currently still in 12 grade senior high school
and im going to MQ (actually SIBT first:shy:) next year on june

So I just so curious with this question

Why u guys hate asians so much?
what makes u hate us so much??

All reply will be appreciated because I have to know ours behaviour that u guys dont like, so next year I can adjust my attitude and behaviour to settle in MQ nicely...

thx before for replying my post
cheers :shy::shy::shy:

Ben.Civiletti

HSC
Re: Why you guys hate asians so much??

you do realise SIBT costs like 25000 a year and you get a shitty diploma in the end? You might not even get into mac uni lol with it. Anyways i love asians... this wesbite hates muslims, I don't mind them, but there are ideologies in here that hates them.

HSC

you do realise SIBT costs like 25000 a year and you get a shitty diploma in the end? You might not even get into mac uni lol with it. Anyways i love asians... this wesbite hates muslims, I don't mind them, but there are ideologies in here that hates them.
Really...? A long time ago when I visited this forum there was a whole thread on what you hate about mqu and there was pretty much five pages on hating asians.

Viridis

HSC

yeah but Indonesian senior high school doesn't get admission directly to university, so i have to go SIBT first...

what do u mean I might not even get into mac uni with SIBT??

anyway Im not muslim, Im christian :shy::shy::shy:

Ben.Civiletti

HSC

Really...? A long time ago when I visited this forum there was a whole thread on what you hate about mqu and there was pretty much five pages on hating asians.
cereal? maybe U was trolling someone else who was being slack to asians? I myself am Indian. But umm if u follow me on here i defend all races

Amogh

HSC
N/A

apart from 'anti semitism and Islamophobia' i havent come across much prejudice
just ignore the foo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)