do the asians hard to adjust to the life in MQ? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bio_nut

HSC
I pointed out my Asians speaking fluent English taunt as being on par with his silly comment, lol.

Seems as if you're the more racist one with you continual comments on such a background.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I pointed out my Asians speaking fluent English taunt as being on par with his silly comment, lol.

Seems as if you're the more racist one with you continual comments on such a background.
So, you haven't, y'know...

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Actually, I have studied foreign languages overseas in the past and always made an effort to do exactly that. It's the only way to become fluent. And again, otherwise you're just being rude.

Edit: And I don't mean they can't speak canto or whatever with fellow speakers in private, just that when others who dont speak it are around, it's impolite not to make the effort to speak in english.
So you're saying that the canto speakers would have to be in a private environment cut off from the throng of society in order to speak their own language, if they were studying in a foreign country. I mean I can understand if there were Asian students in a group conversation with English speakers and they began to speak their own language amongst themselves...that would be inconsiderate- but as far as I know, that wouldn't be a very common occurrence anyway.

You're argument is a bit stunted :S

bio_nut

HSC
So, you haven't, y'know...
I haven't what, lol?

I am fluent in several languages, I do not need to explain myself to an offended boser.
:)

And Alex, sadly I have had the experience of them doing that a LOT, maybe it's just bad luck, but I find it happens quite often.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I haven't what, lol?

I am fluent in several languages, I do not need to explain myself to an offended boser.
:)

And Alex, sadly I have had the experience of them doing that a LOT, maybe it's just bad luck, but I find it happens quite often.
Lived in a non western society. If so, where?

bio_nut

HSC
I'm bored of this argument and not going to clarify now, as you'll come up with some bullshit like, well, that city is becoming westernised, blah blah blah

If living in a westernized country of another race (Australia isn't even made up of one race, you fucktard) and having to speak another language around people who DON'T SPEAK YOUR OWN is too difficult, then just fuck off home.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Wow, that has almost never happened to me. Guess that IS bad luck!!

If living in a westernized country of another race (Australia isn't even made up of one race, you fucktard) and having to speak another language around people who DON'T SPEAK YOUR OWN is too difficult, then just fuck off home.
You're right, Australia isn't made up of one race. But if everyone of a different culture 'fucked off home', then...we'd be empty. :|

blackrider89

HSC
I'm bored of this argument and not going to clarify now, as you'll come up with some bullshit like, well, that city is becoming westernised, blah blah blah

With reference to the case of the Aboriginals, u want they "just fuck off home" and kick ur guys' ass to get to their home?

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC

Basically you need to understand that some of these people have very basic english skills and low self esteem with not fitting in with the general population. We can only imagine how overwhelming it would be.
They're feeling vulnerable and uncomfortable, so of course they're going to seek security with one another.
Yeah, it might seem rude seeing immigrants forming their own groups within Australian society but it's a reassurance/ security thing for them. They don't mean to be rude and most of them aren't even aware that it's rude.

Anyway, most foreigners who have been around longer speak english, even amongst themselves.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Basically you need to understand that some of these people have very basic english skills and low self esteem with not fitting in with the general population. We can only imagine how overwhelming it would be.
They're feeling vulnerable and uncomfortable, so of course they're going to seek security with one another.
Yeah, it might seem rude seeing immigrants forming their own groups within Australian society but it's a reassurance/ security thing for them. They don't mean to be rude and most of them aren't even aware that it's rude.

Anyway, most foreigners who have been around longer speak english, even amongst themselves.
+1, nothing wrong with people speaking their native language amongst themselves.
It's only rude if they do this when there's a non-asian around and they're being excluded from the group conversation.

I have no problem with asians speaking their own language amongst themselves, but it WAS really annoying and rude when some of my team members for a group assignment last year spoke malaysian to each other. That sucked heaps, i was stuck with 4 malaysian fobs whose english was so bad i barely understood a word they said :(

Last edited:

williamc

HSC
No, the asians do not find it hard to adjust to life in MQ because they dominate it. You will have no problem meeting some Chinese friends.

chuha

HSC
N/A
Re: Why you guys hate asians so much??

I don't hate asians. They just happen to be the vast majority off people in the categories I hate. Namely, those who take up all the desks in the library just to sleep and those who some how make the library stink like crap. :)

ha...sikk
and now ur even implying that we stink!
anywhooo i bet (and hope) they are international
asians. cuz i'll have you know we local asians don't smell!
lol =D

Monstar

HSC
moral of the story,

there are alots of asians at macquarie. If you hate asians dont come here. if you dont mind then please come.

close thread.

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
im asian and just to say, the people whether it be asian or wat that fucking sleep at the desks in the library are so annoying, and it is true that most are asians from overseas. There are 2 categories for overseas asians

1. the asian in which doesnt give a fuck and was sent here by rich families, so they just sleep all day, in turn making them smell funny

2. the asian in which came here by swimming across the ocean, just to have a good education, studying so hard he/she fell asleep due to exhaustion; in turn making them smell funny

i hope i ahve helped ure question, LOL

X

xeuyrawp

moral of the story,

there are alots of asians at macquarie. If you hate asians dont come here. if you dont mind then please come.

close thread.
Yeah, 100% true. Couldn't see this thread turning pear-shaped. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)