• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (10 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep, thats probably whats happened. Our Sundays are meeting budget, but they are not exceeding the set budget by as much as expected. So we're not able to replace any sickies, I can't have anyone else do tickets in my place (has to be someone already working that shift) etc.

Our late nights are busier than expected though, we got two extra operators last night, which was really helpful. We even sent one into liquor for the whole night.

Alright now, lets play a guessing game. How heavy do you think the averagely packed express bag weighs? My doctors cert says I'm fit for express, but I'm starting to regret my guess of around 5kg. So what do we all think?
Well I wouldn't put more than 2 2L cokes in 1 bag, and even that is pushing it, so <4kg

HSC
Well I wouldn't put more than 2 2L cokes in 1 bag, and even that is pushing it, so <4kg
Yeah thats what I was thinking. But then I thought that say people who buy 2.5kg of bananas, and then of course you'd have other stuff in the bag, but really its not like I'm going to pack a 4.9kg bag but not a 5.1kg bag.

So 5kg sounds okay? Honestly though, I could have given the doctor any weight and he would have put it on there, he didn't even spell Woolworths properly despite having a company letterhead in front of him.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
yeah agree with that, on normal checkouts my general rule is approximatey 4L (ie 2 x 2L milk) or the equivalent (ie. 1 x 3L milk + 1kg yoghurt) etc. maximum in a bag, so for express even less. 5kg is more than high enough.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Yeah thats what I was thinking. But then I thought that say people who buy 2.5kg of bananas, and then of course you'd have other stuff in the bag, but really its not like I'm going to pack a 4.9kg bag but not a 5.1kg bag.

So 5kg sounds okay? Honestly though, I could have given the doctor any weight and he would have put it on there, he didn't even spell Woolworths properly despite having a company letterhead in front of him.
to be honest i wouldnt put much more than 2.5kg of bananas in an express bag - those bags in particular are terrible.
just do what you are very comfortable with, and then if the customer is picky and wants more in the bag give the items to them to pack into the bag.

HSC
to be honest i wouldnt put much more than 2.5kg of bananas in an express bag - those bags in particular are terrible.
just do what you are very comfortable with, and then if the customer is picky and wants more in the bag give the items to them to pack into the bag.
Its not customers I'm worried about, its my CSM rejecting the medical clearance.

Honestly, I just had no idea how to conceptualise an express bag into a weight haha.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Its not customers I'm worried about, its my CSM rejecting the medical clearance.

Honestly, I just had no idea how to conceptualise an express bag into a weight haha.
ohh riiight, well if she does id just explain to her that the max the bags can really hold is 4L so it aint gonna be any heavier than that.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Well basically my SSS was talking like she was having a baby, but she cant be, she isnt pregnant, so i think her wife must be having one. therefore she must be a lesbian, she does look/sound like one, i just never expected it.

My rostered hours for next week

Mon 7:15-16:15
Tues 7:15-16:15
Wed 7:15-16:15
Thurs 6:30-15:30
THREE DAY WEEKENDS (ahh, the perks of being a non salaried department manager)

whilst thats my roster, i dont fancy my chances of getting away before 5:30 on any of those days, and that will be unpaid :(

DM Mike

HSC
How long you doing the CSM gig townie?

Dosent the Higher Duties policy on storenet say that if you do longer than 13 weeks on a salaried position relief they have to put you on salary at that level for the duration of the relief? At least that way youd be eligable for bonus...

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Finally got my hours...

Monday: 5-10pm
Tuesday off
Wednesday: 4-7pm
Thursday: 4-9pm
Friday off
Sunday: 7am-12noon

Hours: 18

Harry778

HSC
Honestly everyone..judging by my photobucket pictures, do I look gay?
My CSM asked me today and I was like :O He wasnt being offensive or anything he just said "Hey Harry...are you gay"? (my CSM is one of the few dudes I think is hot lol) But people ask me all the time and assume I am. Even beofore I went out with my girl firend she thought I was! hahaha

Thanks =D

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
You guys are lucky. Come and do my Job over the next 2 weeks, living hell. Department=TOYS! Arhh

Mon-Thur 9-5
Fri-Off!
Sat- 8-6
Sun 8-6

The thing is, If I dont come in, it will only backfire on me the next day with the Toys dept literally a bombsite. And I am the only one who does Toys.

Craven

HSC
My CSM asked me today and I was like :O He wasnt being offensive or anything he just said "Hey Harry...are you gay"? (my CSM is one of the few dudes I think is hot lol) But people ask me all the time and assume I am. Even beofore I went out with my girl firend she thought I was! hahaha

Thanks =D
Maybe he's gay and wishing :p I wouldn't say you were gay /just/ from looking at your pics, you're hot though LOL.

Still waiting for my roster.. think I've got the midnight shift in the office and Christmas eve close shift.... blah, not sure about the rest of the week.

Harry778

HSC
hahaha! Well, might have to change that! Nah my CSM has a fiance. Shes hot too! LOL!

Harry778

HSC
Also today my SSM says to me "Well, next year Harry in depth Cash Office training, get you trained up for full time position as cash office yeah"?

And I was like..cool...but not full time in there. The other week my CSM said that he'll be giving me heaps more supervision which I would rather. And I'm worried if I knock back cash office SSM wont think I wanna be in there which I do just not full time. And if my CSM finds out she offered me that he might not give me more s/vision next yeat. But you would think they both would have discussed it with each other before asking me?

Grrrr, what to do?

Craven

HSC
Office is WAY better, but you only get grade 2 rates so if you want better pay go s/vision... I would say it's a quicker path to 2IC/DM through checkouts than office...

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
How long you doing the CSM gig townie?

Dosent the Higher Duties policy on storenet say that if you do longer than 13 weeks on a salaried position relief they have to put you on salary at that level for the duration of the relief? At least that way youd be eligable for bonus...
Lol, I was wondering why my appointment advice only lasted 13 weeks (till 3rd of Jan) They'll probably just send thru a new one for the remaining 2 weeks after that

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Oh, he wanted a phonecard for a payphone and I said we don't sell those.. then he started going on about how that's shit for a big company like Woolworths to not sell them because what if his daughter is walking home one night and gets raped.. how will she ever call for help!? I said... that's not really fair mate, it's not Woolworths' fault if someone is raped.. anyways we don't sell them because everyone has mobile phones these days and they are getting rid of payphones.. can't you just use coins? He goes off at me DID YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU?? (because apparently there are payphones that are phonecard only... I never knew that *shrug*) and so I'm ok, sorry, but we don't sell phonecards so there's nothing I can do... so he goes on about how I look like I've been raped a bit, how I like being assraped you fucking faggot why don't you get a real job *yada yada yada*.. to which I said nicely enough "just go away"... he keeps on going so I'm just like "ok, just fuck off!" and after that I had to walk away or else I would have said more and he'd likely bash me... I think he was a bit intoxicated but still I don't come to work to deal with that shit, drunk or not.
That's actually so horrible. You know you as soon as he said the bit about you looking like you've been raped a bit you have solid grounds for kicking him out. I would have called the DM and asked him to leave immediately. Fucking hell drunk people are annoying at work. Like they're not even funny, I always make sure never to go to supermarkets when I'm drunk cos i know what such tossers people are.

I dunno, something about the front end wage budget got cut.
But we are always so busy on saturdays and it makes absolutely no sense to be cutting staff - thats the last thing they want to do!!
My CSM (along with all other Dep Mgrs, I think) was ordered to cut Xmas week wages today.

Thanks =D
I don't think you look gay from your pics, just metro. However from your posts it would be easy to deduce that you're gay. You just write gay.

I got a box of Roses chocolates and a really nice card for my last shift today :) :)
I think working under the new CSM is going to be fun. My sister was saying how she was serving someone and a guy with a bowl cut walked past and she was like "OMFG LOOK AT HIS BOWL CUT ROFLMAO" incredibly loudly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)