• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
One week to go..............One week to gooooooooooooooo..............One week until I'm fucked there's one week to gooooooooooooo

Roster for next week:

Monday: 6am - 3pm
Tuesday: 6am - 3pm
Wednesday: 5am - 3pm
Thursday: 5am - 7pm
Friday & Saturday off
Sunday: 6am - 3pm

Hours: 51

BSammy

HSC
Roster next week

Monday 6am - 4pm
Tuesday 9am - 7pm
W-T off
F closed, get paid for 9 hours
Satursday 6am-4pm
Sun off.

not bad for a full timer.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Also, think SSS must be a lesbian as she was talking about having a baby and going for ultrasounds, and taking time off when it's born, when she's not pregnant.
What?

So... I got abused twice today by homophobic bigots... I sure love coming to work to be called a 'fucking faggot' ... I may be gay but that doesn't make you any less of a fuckwit.
In what context did they call you a fucking faggot!? Thankfully this has never happened to me, even living in a small country town. Also rep for being gay in the first place.

Roster: hasn't yet been finalised, new CSM is meant to be ringing me sometime today. Due to their being only two full time supervisors at new store and me becoming another in January i'm totally gunning for supervision for the entirety of my shift on Xmas eve. Hopefully 8 - 5 or summin.

ALSO, wanted to share, my ATAR is 95.9!!!!!!!!!! yay!

Last shift here today!! I am a bit sad actually, it's a good, fun store.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
One week to go..............One week to gooooooooooooooo..............One week until I'm fucked there's one week to gooooooooooooo

Roster for next week:

Monday: 6am - 3pm
Tuesday: 6am - 3pm
Wednesday: 5am - 3pm
Thursday: 5am - 7pm
Friday & Saturday off
Sunday: 6am - 3pm

Hours: 51
Scratch that Roster. I'm now starting at 4am every day. Why? Because one week before Xmas our fucking bakery oven decided to completely crap out on us and it won't be fixed for weeks. Therefore there will be no bakers in so my SM asked me if I wouldn't mind being a temporary key holder for the next couple of weeks. Which means I'll be in there from about 4 - 4.30 by myself until the Cleaners come in.

Meanwhile the poor bakers will be baking in another store 1 hour away for our store (Confusing shit). They have been telling the SM for about a year that the oven is stuffed. A few months ago the Proofer completely died on them, delayed production for hours. So it's his fault. (That's my answer for everything, just blame the SM!....OH darn the DC left the Avocado's off our order! Ahh well let's blame the SM...A lightbulb broke in my chiller the other day...yeah let's blame the SM again! It's actually really funny)

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
hahaha damn, the oven must have really screwed up if they won't be able to fix it for weeks!
My store has a full rack oven, plus a 3-door deck oven, so they'd find a way around it even if one of our ovens did break :p

Craven

HSC
In what context did they call you a fucking faggot!? Thankfully this has never happened to me, even living in a small country town. Also rep for being gay in the first place.
Oh, he wanted a phonecard for a payphone and I said we don't sell those.. then he started going on about how that's shit for a big company like Woolworths to not sell them because what if his daughter is walking home one night and gets raped.. how will she ever call for help!? I said... that's not really fair mate, it's not Woolworths' fault if someone is raped.. anyways we don't sell them because everyone has mobile phones these days and they are getting rid of payphones.. can't you just use coins? He goes off at me DID YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU?? (because apparently there are payphones that are phonecard only... I never knew that *shrug*) and so I'm ok, sorry, but we don't sell phonecards so there's nothing I can do... so he goes on about how I look like I've been raped a bit, how I like being assraped you fucking faggot why don't you get a real job *yada yada yada*.. to which I said nicely enough "just go away"... he keeps on going so I'm just like "ok, just fuck off!" and after that I had to walk away or else I would have said more and he'd likely bash me... I think he was a bit intoxicated but still I don't come to work to deal with that shit, drunk or not.

Last edited:

Harry778

HSC
Sorry fucked up my roster.

Mon 6am-11am s/shop
Tue Not working
Wed 11am to 8pm s/vision
Thu 7am to 5pm s/shop
Fri Not working (closed)
Sat Paid 8 hours s/vision (closed)
Sun 1.30pm to 10.30pm s/vision

TOTAL 38.00

Looked at the wrong week.
10 hours xmas ever=death!

HSC
at least you have a xmas eve shift...i'm feeling a little bit left out here.

on the upside, my shoulder feels 10x better. I even took it out of my sling to do reports last night and it was okay. Honestly, I think I should be able to negotiate a return to work on express only, and no tickets - if I see some lousy non-english speaking doctor I'll get that for sure.

BSammy

HSC
My CSM is kinda sad I have the Wednesday and Thursday off, probably the busiest days, and I am almost definately his best supervisor.

Ha. He'll cope.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
hahaha damn, the oven must have really screwed up if they won't be able to fix it for weeks!
My store has a full rack oven, plus a 3-door deck oven, so they'd find a way around it even if one of our ovens did break :p
Apparently something has happened with a spring? According to the SM this spring has to be custom made and won't be ready until next friday, and then won't get anyone to be able to install it til the Tuesday after.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
arrgh got all my hours cut for the rest of the week!!!! - including the saturday 11am-6pm shift that i have worked since i started with the company 2 years ago. :( so annoyed...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Apparently something has happened with a spring? According to the SM this spring has to be custom made and won't be ready until next friday, and then won't get anyone to be able to install it til the Tuesday after.
From the sounds of it it's a deck oven then?
(It should have 3 doors assuming it's the same as ours).
Mannnn they fucked it up if they killed the spring lol.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
From the sounds of it it's a deck oven then?
(It should have 3 doors assuming it's the same as ours).
Mannnn they fucked it up if they killed the spring lol.
Sounds about right.

I told the SM he should just buy a new one and he said he's too poor to be able to afford one. Probably because he just spent $50k on my new produce loungers and $80k on a new refrigeration multi deck for Butchery.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Sounds about right.

I told the SM he should just buy a new one and he said he's too poor to be able to afford one. Probably because he just spent $50k on my new produce loungers and $80k on a new refrigeration multi deck for Butchery.
The bakery deck ovens are very very expensive, lol.
They have steam injectors etc.
Most stores wouldn't be able to afford a new one.

EDIT: I like this thread a lot now that we're talking about Bakery haha

ekul444

HSC
N/A
shit, why?!
I dunno, something about the front end wage budget got cut.
But we are always so busy on saturdays and it makes absolutely no sense to be cutting staff - thats the last thing they want to do!!

Im taking a guess here cause Im not sure how it all works, but im guessing its because of the stupid pointless extended christmas trading hours that we've just started in WA, and the cost that comes with rostering staff on the late nights & Sundays, meaning the budget has to be spread more thinly across the week? is that correct??

HSC
I dunno, something about the front end wage budget got cut.
But we are always so busy on saturdays and it makes absolutely no sense to be cutting staff - thats the last thing they want to do!!

Im taking a guess here cause Im not sure how it all works, but im guessing its because of the stupid pointless extended christmas trading hours that we've just started in WA, and the cost that comes with rostering staff on the late nights & Sundays, meaning the budget has to be spread more thinly across the week? is that correct??
Yep, thats probably whats happened. Our Sundays are meeting budget, but they are not exceeding the set budget by as much as expected. So we're not able to replace any sickies, I can't have anyone else do tickets in my place (has to be someone already working that shift) etc.

Our late nights are busier than expected though, we got two extra operators last night, which was really helpful. We even sent one into liquor for the whole night.

Alright now, lets play a guessing game. How heavy do you think the averagely packed express bag weighs? My doctors cert says I'm fit for express, but I'm starting to regret my guess of around 5kg. So what do we all think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)