Highest Extension English Two Results (1 Viewer)

Asubmarine

HSC
ok asubmarine. forget literary analysis.
just read your poetry.

amazing
:eek: thanks heaps, glad you enjoyed it.

It must have been ridiculous differentiating between the top works though.

Congratulations on your own result both for EE2 and overall.

ashleyk8

HSC
Hi all :) Congrats on your amazing marks! I've just started year 12 now and am freaking out about what to do with my ext 2 story so I'd love suggestions on what was hard, what to do and, if your willing, a copy of yours just so I can see the standard I need to be up to!
If you would like to be the biggest help of my like can you send your stories and such to ashley_k8@hotmail.com :)
THANKS! and well done

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Hi all :) Congrats on your amazing marks! I've just started year 12 now and am freaking out about what to do with my ext 2 story so I'd love suggestions on what was hard, what to do and, if your willing, a copy of yours just so I can see the standard I need to be up to!
If you would like to be the biggest help of my like can you send your stories and such to ashley_k8@hotmail.com :)
THANKS! and well done
There is a fantastic selection of major works on the BOS Showcase 2009 thread (located in Major Works subsection), including Asubmarine's major which was first in the state! (p2)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
just something about ext. 2 english - it is SO subjective, as has already been pointed out.

my friend got 50/50 as an asessement mark.

but unfortunately, the external examiners didn't take a liking to their work which was pretty heavily criticising society (and had a very strong religious component) - believe it or not, he got a measly 29/50! really shattering.

they ended up with 40/50.

HSC
i got a friend, girl at my school got 50/50 for internal and external she came 6th in the state.

don't think they look at advance english marks cause she got a band 5 still good though
Really? Maybe she got better for extension or had an amazing composition 'cause my friend definitely got 50/50 final mark. This is what I found on boardofstudies:

"If two or more students receive the same HSC Mark, the average of the examination mark and the assessment mark are then used to select the top student(s). In the case of extension courses, if two or more students receive equal marks then the marks awarded for other courses in the subject area are also taken into consideration. "

Oh well, congrats to your friend! :)

missknightley

HSC
i dunno i got less than 50 well... 49 and i was still nominated for showcase.

noelknows

HSC
I don't understand how something can be showcase-worthy, yet not 50/50-worthy?

diametric

HSC
Advice for future students: Don't criticise society. Don't play around with religion. YOU WILL FAIL.

boganxcore

HSC
Advice for future students: Don't criticise society. Don't play around with religion. YOU WILL FAIL.
that is interesting seeing as i would have thought english markers would have been the most liberal of all

this is exactly why society fails

lol

noelknows

HSC
Advice for diametric: Don't criticise the Board of Studies. Don't pay out the markers. YOU WILL FAIL.

The Board is Watching You.

diametric

HSC
lol, how old are you?

if you didn't notice, I kind of finished my HSC and was giving future student's advice that would do them well.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Lol, diametric, my whole piece was centred around criticising society. You just had bad luck this year, your major work was phenomenal (but I'm sure you already know that anyway :))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)