• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I still don't get how that relates to your case?

I never said that people will necessarily be able to resist temptation all their lives, but that they should definately not abandon the chaste life because it seems difficult or would require self control. It would be impossible to live an entire life without being tempted by sexual urges for a normal human without the gift of faith.

Simply because something is impossible to acheive does not mean we should not endeavour or aspire to achieve it. We can never be perfect as Christ is, but our love for God inspires us to try to live up to His perfection. We will inevitably fail throughout life and fall to temptation, but will be forgiven for our failures through the acceptance of Christ as our saviour. What is it you don't understand?
Alright.

So you agree that two homosexuals are allowed to be together. And you accept that a couple may inevitable succumb to their temptations and engage in sexual activity right?

Name_Taken

HSC
Alright.

So you agree that two homosexuals are allowed to be together. And you accept that a couple may inevitable succumb to their temptations and engage in sexual activity right?
Um... yes of course...

Just like two a heterosexual couple may feel madly in love and by living together and might also be tempted into having sex outsideof wedlock.

I still maintain that both homosexual sex and pre-marital sex are both perversions of love and sex however. And its wrong to deliberately act in such a manner in which you know that you are inviting yourself to be tempted.

As a Christian, one of your aims is to resist sinful temptation which leads away from God and his love. So in my example, if you thought that simply by living together you might cave into your temptation to have sex, then it might be necesary to live apart, but still have contact of course, until you marry, if indeed you actually love that person enough to commit with them in marriage.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Um... yes of course...

Just like two a heterosexual couple may feel madly in love and by living together and might also be tempted into having sex outsideof wedlock.

I still maintain that both homosexual sex and pre-marital sex are both perversions of love and sex however. And its wrong to deliberately act in such a manner in which you know that you are inviting yourself to be tempted.

As a Christian, one of your aims is to resist sinful temptation which leads away from God and his love. So in my example, if you thought that simply by living together you might cave into your temptation to have sex, then it might be necesary to live apart, but still have contact of course, until you marry, if indeed you actually love that person enough to commit with them in marriage.
Alright, now let's say by some unexpected turn of events, homosexual marriage is legalised. Would there still be a problem?

Name_Taken

HSC
Alright, now let's say by some unexpected turn of events, homosexual marriage is legalised. Would there still be a problem?
I would hardly call it "unexpected". Its probably going to happen in the next few years, unfortunately.

And yes, there would definately be a problem with homosexual marriage.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I would hardly call it "unexpected". Its probably going to happen in the next few years, unfortunately.

And yes, there would definately be a problem with homosexual marriage.
Oh cheer up. More people will be happy. And two married homosexuals doing it can't be worse than two un-married homosexuals doing it in your eyes right?

And also, are you still disappointed with the family law act 1975 allowing divorce?

Name_Taken

HSC
Oh cheer up. More people will be happy. And two married homosexuals doing it can't be worse than two un-married homosexuals doing it in your eyes right?

And also, are you still disappointed with the family law act 1975 allowing divorce?
No they won't.

And in my eyes rape is immoral, you could argue that murder is worse, but it doesn't make rape a lesser crime as a result.

I disagree with the no-fault divorce. The option should remain open for circumstances where it is an appropriate compromise.

"I, _______, take you, ________, for my lawful wife/husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part."

It is a serious vow. Think of it as a legal contract, if you must. If someone is getting married to another that they don't in all seriousness intend to live with in love for the rest of their life; "for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health", until death, then they should seriously reconsider getting married in the first place.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
No they won't.
I meant homosexual couples. The rest who are irked by homosexuals getting married will be going, "Damn! Can't believe those fags are allowed to get married! I don't know how it will affect me, but it just will"

And in my eyes rape is immoral, you could argue that murder is worse, but it doesn't make rape a lesser crime as a result.
What about the person being raped? What happens to her if she did not scream loud enough while being raped?

Name_Taken

HSC
I meant homosexual couples. The rest who are irked by homosexuals getting married will be going, "Damn! Can't believe those fags are allowed to get married! I don't know how it will affect me, but it just will"
The gay agenda, basically (now not all of these are necessarily evil per se, but most are deplorable):

1. Destroying Christian morals
    • Changing the definition of marriage, even if doing so infringes on the religious rights of Christians not to recognize it as anything other than sin.
  2. Promote pseudoscience that legitimizes homosexuality, such as claims of a never-identified gay gene.
  3. Censoring speech against homosexuality by branding it to possibly be "hate-speech". (Even the word "homophobia" inplies that there is no logical or rational arguement against homosexuality).
  4. Establishing affirmative action for homosexuals.
  5. Expand hate crimes legislation to include sexual orientation.
  6. Promote homosexuality in schools.
  7. Force businesses to accommodate their lifestyle.
    • Suing an online dating website for discrimination.
  8. Undermining the resolve of latent homosexuals so that their will becomes too weak to resist the temptations of homosexuality.
  9. Pushing for legalized adoption by gay individuals and couples (therby infringing the rights of a child to be raised by a mother and father).
One hardly has to be a Chistian or a conservative to oppose the gay "rights" mvoement, simply someone who still has a sense of moral decency within them.

Homosexuality and the encouraging of it among the youth is as much a public health issue as it is a moral issue.

And homosexual marriage is wrong for reasons I have already established in previous posts.

EDIT: (Pasted from previous post for convenience)

1. Effects on Moral and Religious Standards:
- The Bible (as well as many other religious texts) condemn homosexuality, and by extention, renounce gay marriage.
- By accepting gay marriage, it presents homosexuality as good and wholesome.

2. Effects on Traditional Marriage:
- Firstly the Bible (as well as other religious texts) authorise marriage as a relationship strictly between a heterosexual couple.
- Accepting gay marriage would be promoting a perverted relationship to the dignified status currently held by honourable marriage, thus tarnishing the wholesomeness of traditional marriage.

3. Effects on Children:
- Part of traditional marriage involves the companship of a mother and father caring for their children. Gay couples are unable to concieve children.
- Homosexual marriages deprive children of the right to being raised by mother and father.

4. Effects on Religious Organisations:
- The Church is responsible to preach the truth by God and oppose moral evils.
- Legislation and encouraging of gay marriage will pressure religious organisations to accept homosexuality.

5. Effects on Government and Education:
- The church and government have separate roles, but both church and government share a common duty to promote good morals and discourage evil conduct.
- Legislating gay marriage would put the government in the position of justifying evil.

What about the person being raped? What happens to her if she did not scream loud enough while being raped?
What are you trying to say? If someone is raped, one would assume that by the definition of "rape" that they did not choose to be assualted. Its not like if she screamed any louder that she could have willingly averted being raped.

It is hardly a womens fault if she was indecently assualted by a man, she has committed no sin. The rapist on the other hand, is in deep trouble.

Last edited:

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
One hardly has to be a Chistian or a conservative to oppose the gay "rights" mvoement, simply someone who still has a sense of moral decency within them.

Homosexuality and the encouraging of it among the youth is as much a public health issue as it is a moral issue.

And homosexual marriage is wrong for reasons I have already established in previous posts.

EDIT: (Pasted from previous post for convenience)

1. Effects on Moral and Religious Standards:
- The Bible (as well as many other religious texts) condemn homosexuality, and by extention, renounce gay marriage.
- By accepting gay marriage, it presents homosexuality as good and wholesome.

2. Effects on Traditional Marriage:
- Firstly the Bible (as well as other religious texts) authorise marriage as a relationship strictly between a heterosexual couple.
- Accepting gay marriage would be promoting a perverted relationship to the dignified status currently held by honourable marriage, thus tarnishing the wholesomeness of traditional marriage.

3. Effects on Children:
- Part of traditional marriage involves the companship of a mother and father caring for their children. Gay couples are unable to concieve children.
- Homosexual marriages deprive children of the right to being raised by mother and father.

4. Effects on Religious Organisations:
- The Church is responsible to preach the truth by God and oppose moral evils.
- Legislation and encouraging of gay marriage will pressure religious organisations to accept homosexuality.

5. Effects on Government and Education:
- The church and government have separate roles, but both church and government share a common duty to promote good morals and discourage evil conduct.
- Legislating gay marriage would put the government in the position of justifying evil.

Non-christians have no reasonable claim for oppressing homosexuals, as it, in no way infringes upon their right and liberty. Christians, I can almost understand, but religion is losing hold on society, so too bad

And noone is trying to encourage homosexuality. You are either a homosexual or you are not.

The rest of the above post is just wishy washy, namby pamby that I will not justify with a response.

What are you trying to say? If someone is raped, one would assume that by the definition of "rape" that they did not choose to be assualted. Its not like if she screamed any louder that she could have willingly averted being raped.

It is hardly a womens fault if she was indecently assualted by a man, she has committed no sin. The rapist on the other hand, is in deep trouble.
If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

CecilyMare

HSC
Why do Christian evangelists always think the world revolves around them? It doesn't seem to be faith anymore, you're simply trying to control the world with a terribly flawed bible and telling people whos going to hell and whos not for doing what and not doing what and yadda yadda.

Name_Taken

HSC
Why do Christian evangelists always think the world revolves around them? It doesn't seem to be faith anymore, you're simply trying to control the world with a terribly flawed bible and telling people whos going to hell and whos not for doing what and not doing what and yadda yadda.
Trying to reach out to those who have forsaken God is hardly trying to control the world.

The gift of faith does not belong to the believer alone, but must be shared around to others, in need of His strength.

Neither you or anyone else on this thread who does not believe in God is under an obligation to recieve Him simply because I say you should. I am but one human reaching out to another.

But as you percieve that you have a right to show intolerance towards God, I have the right to show intolerance towards the perversions which have infected the souls of this generation, of which homosexuality is but one.

Last edited:

zstar

HSC
N/A
I suspect my cousins boyfriend is a fag.

He sure talks and acts like one.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Trying to reach out to those who have forsaken God is hardly trying to control the world.

The gift of faith does not belong to the believer alone, but must be shared around to others, in need of His strength.

Neither you or anyone else on this thread who does not believe in God is under an obligation to recieve Him simply because I say you should. I am but one human reaching out to another.
Noone's asking for you to reach out to them.

All I see is you people trying to impeded on our happiness simply because you disagree with our lifestyle/sexuality/or whatever.

Not everyone believes in god and noone can prove beyond reasonable doubt that god exists.

CecilyMare

HSC
I do see how people prefer to believe in a metaphysical being but nobody needed to attribute certain qualities to them. It's like putting a stamp on a metaphysical being that he/she/it thinks that fish are holy and all the Christians would just stop eating fish because of that, I mean that could have happened the same time they put a stamp saying that God doesn't like homos.

Also yes you are being satan to the gay community, taking away their happiness. Irony, it's super effective!

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC

All I see is you people trying to impeded on our happiness simply because you disagree with our lifestyle/sexuality/or whatever.

Not everyone believes in god and noone can prove beyond reasonable doubt that god exists.
Hahahaha, "beyond reasonable doubt."

They don't have any evidence at all.

Well, they have speculation and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence.

Name_Taken

HSC

Can you only be happy when you're having sex Toenails? Does sex even make you happy?

I put it to you that love makes you happy. Sex is not required for love as it is not required for happiness.

Just because you don't believe in God does not make your justify your actions. There are arguements against the proliferation of homosexuality in society apart from religious ones, but you seem to have paid attention to neither.

And I shall end with a quote from the song "Saviour" which you should listen to closely next time you hear it ;)

There's nothing left to lose.
There's nothing left to prove.
Surrender your love, it's all you can do.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Can you only be happy when you're having sex Toenails? Does sex even make you happy?

I put it to you that love makes you happy. Sex is not required for love as it is not required for happiness.

Just because you don't believe in God does not make your justify your actions. There are arguements against the proliferation of homosexuality in society apart from religious ones, but you seem to have paid attention to neither.

And I shall end with a quote from the song "Saviour" which you should listen to closely next time you hear it ;)

There's nothing left to lose.
There's nothing left to prove.
Surrender your love, it's all you can do.
We're human. We're sexual creatures.

And alright, why don't you provide us with some non-religious arguments against homosexuality.

Ps: I only like skillet's comatose and awake album :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)