will i make the cut off for B Commerce? (2 Viewers)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
The cut-off for commerce/science at USYD in 2009 was 94.55, and for my HSC i got 95.10
just wondering if im likely to make the cut off for commerce? will it go much higher?

if the cut-off is higher than my ATAR this year, does the fact that i got a Band 6 in maths, Band E3 in MX1, Band 6 in biology, Band 5 in business studies and Band 5 in chemistry help? (ie. do they have some sort of bonus point system?)

thanks to whoever can help

astroe

HSC
The 94.55 ATAR cutoff was in the 2010 UAC guide was it not? :p
You've pretty much made it in, don't worry about it.

Although, you'd definitely make it into UNSW. Although it has a higher ATAR cutoff of 95.65, they actually have a bonus points scheme unlike USYD.

So, yeah I think it's safe to say you got in. Although, should the cutoff jump above your ATAR, the lack of bonus points schemes would ultimately prevent you from getting an offer in the Main Round - unless you applied for EAS or something.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
that really sucks that they dont offer bonus points. i seriously hope the cut off doesnt rise!

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
unsw is a good "backup"/alternative right??? :)

but hopefully you get your first preference.

and btw flexible entry is not available for B Commerce at USYD:
Special entry pathways - Start - The University of Sydney

I reckon your chances are still pretty high though, its rare to see course cut-offs rise by that much in a year.

kokodamonkey

HSC
that really sucks that they dont offer bonus points. i seriously hope the cut off doesnt rise!
why does it suck? don't you think everyone else would be in the same boat? if you get like 95 don't you think that must have required band 6's.. so whats the point of everyone getting 4extra points all it is going to do is artificially raise the cutoff mark... which is what happened at unsw 2years back.

HSC
lol in 2006 unsw had cut off for economics of 84 so any retard could get in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)