does anyone have any free time anymore? (1 Viewer)

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I felt a little bit daunted by Maths at the start because it really was a huge step up from no work to 2 hours per night but honestly you settle in within a few weeks and still have plenty of free time. It just takes getting used to. I have free time in Year 12 easily, dunno how you can't in Year 11.

klaris

HSC
duckycowhbrid: I agree.

I think a lot of kids are just stressing because we haven't exactly adjusted yet and we are being given homework/essays/assignments to do in the first two days. It is a really big step up from doing pretty much nothing in year ten to stressing to get all of this homework done in time, because we don't know the senior expectations yet.

CecilyMare

HSC
My mother is making me finish all my work before the weekends start, and right now I feel like starting to make history notes but she said she'd hit me if she sees me doing schoolwork.

Tofuu

HSC
don't study your ass of in yr 11, make it steady and with a good amount of free time, because at this rate, you'll burn out

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
The only subjects we got homework in early were the one's the teachers wanted a few students to drop if it was too big because they figured a lot of them couldn't handle the work load.

Of course the scare tactics worked too well for Extension English, we went from about 26 to 12-15 after one lesson and then 10 in a week and now we're down to 7 :D

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
We've only been through <3 days. It takes time to adjust. So far I have free time. :)

klaris

HSC
I don't know half the questions assigned for Eng Ext.

Scary.

ShinjAngel

HSC
Uni Grad
Sport's compulsory for my school for about 2.5 hours. Most of us bludge and/or study though.

PH011

HSC
Have heaps of free time :) who wouldn't...? it's not even one week of year 11...

musing

HSC
I have so much free time, what are you talking about?!

Although I spend it all on facebooking, chatting..

Not enough time to do homework :(

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Surely you guys can't be studying THAT much... Year 11 has barely started...

spence

HSC
Really don't see how you have no free time. For year 11 & 12 I worked 20ish hours per week and still found time to get all my work done and go out

Kanane

HSC
N/A
It's a bit nerve-wrecking to see certain people posting up that they do mass amounts of study like 30 hours per week.
Makes me feel like I am much too lazy and shouldn't procrastinate, even though its week 2.

hscishard

HSC
Lol...It has only been 5 days of school. Good luck keeping the momentum going throughout the year. I haven't been doing much, just studying year 12 maths so I have a chance at Extension 2 next year. Random question but does year 12 cambridge 3 unit cover the 2unit and the extension or just the extension topics? It'll be a pain wasting $170 just for just 4 unit

angelarr

HSC
I seem to have a little less time so far compared to last year, but it's manageable.

What really gets to me is how some people can be so stressed out already, wanting to get class notes off every single different teacher so that they don't miss out on a single thing, and stressing about how they haven't learnt so and so.

klaris

HSC
I agree.

Come on guys, it's only THE SECOND WEEEK OF SCHOOL. Enjoy it. It will be gone quickly...just like year 10.

Chillax.

silence--

HSC
..yeah, i think it's been established that everyone has a lot of free time :p

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
OMGSH less than three terms of year 11 left haha. Week 2 is over now. Year 11 work has barely started. Everyone is adjusting. Work has been basic so far. Enjoy it for now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)