• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Biology or Physics for HSC? (3 Viewers)

Tofuu

HSC
try both of them then drop the one you dislike, or decide to keep both, or drop both

rahila9261

HSC
try both of them then drop the one you dislike, or decide to keep both, or drop both</SPAN>
Thats the problem. There running on the same line. :(

ilikebeeef

HSC
Depends on your perspective. Biology is a bludge for year 11 and HSC. As for Physics, you actually have to think, its not all memorising like Bio. :D
For Year 11, definitely. However ever since we got a new bio teacher this year, bludging in bio was not possible. :S

So I guess it depends on the teacher.

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
chem has usually been scaled higher than phys

anyway, bio is a lot more interesting imo, however it is less scaled
but scaling dont matter if you do well, and since i see bio as more interesting, i think i might do better in bio than phys.

The bio course is much bigger, however phys requires more thinking in certain questions as bio is 65% memorisation.

Ultimately it's your choice, just look into the syllabus of both and see which you like better.

or if you can, do both :p

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
chem has usually been scaled higher than phys

anyway, bio is a lot more interesting imo, however it is less scaled
but scaling dont matter if you do well, and since i see bio as more interesting, i think i might do better in bio than phys.

The bio course is much bigger, however phys requires more thinking in certain questions as bio is 65% memorisation.

Ultimately it's your choice, just look into the syllabus of both and see which you like better.

or if you can, do both :p
This is, in fact, a common misconception which can be tested using the free calculators such as SAM and Matrix UMAX. You will find that Chemistry's aligning is far higher than Physics, which is performed by the BOS. However, recently Physics has been higher in terms of scaling for the ATAR - although in the low ranges I'm sure they are indistinguishable.

Matt2233

HSC
Coming from someone who used to do Physics and changed to bio in year 12, i would say choose whichever one you find more fascinating.

I can't stress enough that as long as you choose a subject you like, you will go well in it. If your interested in space, motion and energy choose physics. If your interested in how organisms behave, how genes work and other life science stuff go bio.

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
This is, in fact, a common misconception which can be tested using the free calculators such as SAM and Matrix UMAX. You will find that Chemistry's aligning is far higher than Physics, which is performed by the BOS. However, recently Physics has been higher in terms of scaling for the ATAR - although in the low ranges I'm sure they are indistinguishable.

depends on the year tbh, but yea, generally chem is higher in aligning and scaling, in 2008 though physics was slightly a higher scaler, lol, dont worry about this stuff, do well in your subjects and youll achieve greatness =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)