• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Curious..... (2 Viewers)

HSC
Does anybody know what text books James Ruse are using for Physics, CHem, Maths, Economics and English advanced???

xV1P3R

HSC
Physics - Jacaranda as a textbook we are issued.
Maths - Sometimes Cambridge and Corroneos are also issued in addition to Fitzpatrick.

Dotpoint books are sold through the school at the start of each year for Physics and Chemistry.

Last edited:

twistedrebel

HSC
Maths - Sometimes Cambridge and Corroneos are also issued in addition to Jacaranda.

Dotpoint books are sold through the school at the start of each year for Physics and Chemistry.
WTF? you mean fitzpatrick?

mioumiou

HSC
Maths - Sometimes Cambridge and Corroneos are also issued in addition to Fitzpatrick.

What do you mean by that?

What is used for Biology?
Jacaranda, Dot Point, Surfing texts, Biology in Focus or Biology in Context.
Just choose any of the two textbooks with the Dot Point book as a supplement.
We're using Heinenman and I've got Jacaranda and Dot Point as my supplement.

Edit: those are for self studying. =) I don't know what James Ruse use for Biology. =(

Last edited:

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
What do you mean by that?
As in, we work mainly out of fitzpatrick but use the other two for some topics and exercises. For prelim bio I know we used two textbooks [because there weren't enough to give the same one to all the students haha], one was heineman and I can't for the life of me remember the other because I though bio was a shit subject and never paid any attention.

Otherwise, what nutcracker and XV1P3R said.

mioumiou

HSC
As in, we work mainly out of fitzpatrick but use the other two for some topics and exercises. For prelim bio I know we used two textbooks [because there weren't enough to give the same one to all the students haha], one was heineman and I can't for the life of me remember the other because I though bio was a shit subject and never paid any attention.

Otherwise, what nutcracker and XV1P3R said.
Oh right, thanks for explaining! :spin:
IMO, I think bio is not that bad, it just the topic we're doing right now (Patterns in Nature) we have to memorise so much stuff. But other than that, I love Biology. :D

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Ah I see. Well, it depends on what class you're in, not all classes are doing the same texts. My class is doing Frankenstein&BR for Module A, Speeches for Module B and Birthday Letters for Mod C. I know other classes are doing P&P+Letters to Alice for Module A, as well as the Shakespeare text...can't remember which one it is atm o_O

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah I see. Well, it depends on what class you're in, not all classes are doing the same texts. My class is doing Frankenstein&BR for Module A, Speeches for Module B and Birthday Letters for Mod C. I know other classes are doing P&P+Letters to Alice for Module A, as well as the Shakespeare text...can't remember which one it is atm o_O
Richard III/Looking for Richard... and I think some will be doing Hamlet for the critical study. Not sure about the other modules though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)