Pre Uni College homebush (1 Viewer)

ATAR_boy

HSC
Your money is much better spent elsewhere. I was a student there in years 11 and 12 for maths, only because the teacher I had was unavailable privately. Now, it's just a cash cow. I worked there until June last year, just after management stopped focusing so much on the education side of things and ruthlessly pursuing profit.

There may still be a couple of teachers there that are well worth your time, but they are by no means a reflection on the company itself. Ever since they had a change of ownership after that whole tax evasion fiasco that place has gone downhill.
This is the best summary of what Pre-uni is. :)

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
I went to pre-uni from years 4-6. Lol, I remember right after the selective exam, they asked me to come there and recount any questions I could remember from the papers >>. And I did it >>. Because my parents were like: "Pre-uni helped you and we put lots of money into it it's the least you can do blahblahblah".
But to be honest, Pre-uni didn't help me much. I never remember "learning" anything from it. They make you practice a lot though, and I think that's why the people who go there may get good results. But practice is something you can do at home with one or two good textbooks. No need to fork out $1000+ a term just to get a few questions a week marked by some 'tutor'.

x_symphonic

HSC
money isnt worth it for pre uni and they just give you the work and you go do it. Don't go North shore either, theyre worse than pre uni

warezfan

HSC
NO, it doesnt prove anything. Man, preuni doesnt know how to teach, end it there.

NOTE: If you want Band 6's for HSC, avoid Pre-uni, James An, North Shore. Go with private tutor or just pull a 99.4 without any help like me :D
You are so ignorant, and I'm not suprised, your ATAR is low as hell. Every year, the number one tutoring centre, pre uni, produces students with far higher ATAR than you. This is because at pre uni only the best teachers who set the HSC exams or are high ranking board of studies officials are employed. They are a highly ethical and highly efficient organization. In fact, all the profits they make goes back to helping the students as they are non profit organization serving the society. They are an ISO9001 service, internationally recognise for their high quality and high standards.

Pre uni don't care about the money, they just want to help students gain a higher ATAR. It's your choice, whether you want higher ATAR with pre uni, or lower ATAR by yourself.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
That's cause preuni has helped you before and even after 6 years of not going there you still are enjoying the high grades that preuni have bestowed upon you. Clearly this just proves the longivity of preuni's benefit.
Er...not really. Pre Uni helped me jack all in High School. Pre Uni is an unethical and fraudulent shithole.

Every year, the number one tutoring centre, pre uni, produces students with far higher ATAR than you.
Yeah, one of those students happened to be me, who didn't even attend Pre Uni in secondary school. :rolleyes:

Footnote: These are my opinions only and not those of the Bored of Studies site.

oasfree

HSC
N/A
same
and plus they got my atar wrong,they put one much lower than i actually got.don't even know where they pulled that number out of.
saw my name in the newspaper and was like ???!!??
and i only went to preuni for a few weeks in year 6 :vcross:
You should write to PreUni to demand an apology and also write to the DET to ask them to tell PreUni to stop this practice.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
yeh, my mum rang up and i think they were like ,"yeh,that was a one-off mistake with your daughter" which is so NOT TRUE cos i for a fact know like 5 other friends who this happened to.
i think my sister wrote them a letter as well.....
anyhoo,nobody reads those asian newspapers anyway . hehe
LOL, my mum called Fair Trading. A whole lotta good that will do, but at least it means Pre Uni will have to answer inane questioning from Fair Trading Officers - as opposed to...you know...ripping off other students.

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
You are so ignorant, and I'm not suprised, your ATAR is low as hell. Every year, the number one tutoring centre, pre uni, produces students with far higher ATAR than you. This is because at pre uni only the best teachers who set the HSC exams or are high ranking board of studies officials are employed. They are a highly ethical and highly efficient organization. In fact, all the profits they make goes back to helping the students as they are non profit organization serving the society. They are an ISO9001 service, internationally recognise for their high quality and high standards.

Pre uni don't care about the money, they just want to help students gain a higher ATAR. It's your choice, whether you want higher ATAR with pre uni, or lower ATAR by yourself.

in my opinion, 99.4 is a wonderful atar for someone who has had no tutoring.
you need to stop obsessing over yourself and your company because noone likes pretentious, ignorant and self-obsessed cows.

h3ll h0und

HSC

99.4 atar is no way a low atar...tbh i think ur the ignorant one. also, i know plenty of ppl who never attended preuni and have received very high ATAR's, including 99.95. IMO preuni = waste of time/money and from this thread it seems that they advertise results of students and try to take credit for the student's hard work. and +1 to wat jeshxcore posted. .

pjiggy

HSC
It's your choice, whether you want higher ATAR with pre uni, or lower ATAR by yourself.
NONE of the people in my grade,like not even ONE went to pre-uni,except maybe a few in year 6 or something and the majority achieved mid to high 99's atar with quite a few getting 99.95.
im not saying preuni is really crap or unethical or anything,its one of the most popular primary school tutoring places around ! But seriously,preuni's not so good for high school.ask around those highly ranked selective schools and i think ull be lucky to find a handful who went to preuni.
and 99.4 without tutoring is SUCH A TERRIFIC ATAR.
its all well and good if u want to promote preuni,but dont go abusing other people and making it seem like everybody who wants high marks neeeeeds to go to preuni cos that's far from the truth.
and if it was "so good" they wouldnt need to advertise names in the newspaper who havent been to preuni for 6+ years and PLUS get their atar wrong.i only went to preuni for a few weeks in year 6 and they put my name in their ad as one of their high achievers or whatever,as well as getting my atar wrong and putting one much lower than my real one.:mad:

jeshxcore

HSC
totally agree, and if your tuition college is very good, then you won't have to boast about it so much to the fact that you seem desperate.
e.g. if you're smart, you wont need to boast about it 24/7 and get defensive, because if you're really smart..people will know..

warezfan

HSC
NONE of the people in my grade,like not even ONE went to pre-uni,except maybe a few in year 6 or something and the majority achieved mid to high 99's atar with quite a few getting 99.95.
im not saying preuni is really crap or unethical or anything,its one of the most popular primary school tutoring places around ! But seriously,preuni's not so good for high school.ask around those highly ranked selective schools and i think ull be lucky to find a handful who went to preuni.
and 99.4 without tutoring is SUCH A TERRIFIC ATAR.
its all well and good if u want to promote preuni,but dont go abusing other people and making it seem like everybody who wants high marks neeeeeds to go to preuni cos that's far from the truth.
and if it was "so good" they wouldnt need to advertise names in the newspaper who havent been to preuni for 6+ years and PLUS get their atar wrong.i only went to preuni for a few weeks in year 6 and they put my name in their ad as one of their high achievers or whatever,as well as getting my atar wrong and putting one much lower than my real one.:mad:
That's cause you go to a selective school, of course everyone gets good marks. If you attend James Ruse and you get less than 99.6, then you are an utter moron since you are selected from primary school to be already the top 0.1% of your state. Use some logics, you know it makes sense.

Preuni helps average joes like Ryan or Emily who, without Preuni's dedicated support and helping hand, could never achieve an amazing ATAR of 99.9+.

h3ll h0und

HSC
That's cause you go to a selective school, of course everyone gets good marks. If you attend James Ruse and you get less than 99.6, then you are an utter moron since you are selected from primary school to be already the top 0.1% of your state. Use some logics, you know it makes sense.

Preuni helps average joes like Ryan or Emily who, without Preuni's dedicated support and helping hand, could never achieve an amazing ATAR of 99.9+.
so many generalisations.

jeshxcore

HSC

no, i've heard of people getting 50's in JR. not to say a lot of them do, but just because you go to JR, does not automatically mean you will get an atar of 90+

warezfan

HSC
so many generalisations.
Generalisations are generally correct.

Everyone is so arrogant on this website. You think don't need anyone's help and are the best in the world. Shamelessly, boasting about your ATAR on your signature, and blaming Pre Uni for understating your "huge" ATAR.

At Pre Uni, we simply state the truth. The fact is, we are number one in Australia and have the best teaching methods.

Pre Uni's teachers are all top class, some maybe even the best in the world. That's all due to our high work ethic which attracts the best people.

jeshxcore

HSC
Generalisations are generally correct.

Everyone is so arrogant on this website. You think don't need anyone's help and are the best in the world. Shamelessly, boasting about your ATAR on your signature, and blaming Pre Uni for understating your "huge" ATAR.

At Pre Uni, we simply state the truth. The fact is, we are number one in Australia and have the best teaching methods.

Pre Uni's teachers are all top class, some maybe even the best in the world. That's all due to our high work ethic which attracts the best people.
This is funny, because you are being arrogant yourself. Also, I think you need an english tutor. Perhaps, not from Pre-Uni. Truth is, I have found quite a number of grammatical mistakes on your "Prestigious" tutoring centre, perhaps.. a few english classes.. before you continue boasting about your "successful coaching centre"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)