Pre Uni College homebush (2 Viewers)

plodge

HSC
N/A
hijust wondering wats your views on pre uni college in homebush?

P

pLuvia

Isn't it the head office in NSW? The time I went it was alright, the head office for tutoring agencies is undoubtedly the best but the downside is classes tend to get really big

JiX

HSC
PRe-Uni classes are so packed! Have to always go early to get good seats. The teachers are not too bad but it's hard to learn when you have so many students in the classes.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I went there in Year 7 and 8. We had this old Asian man for maths.

winteresque

HSC
It depends what years you're in. I attended Pre Uni (Homebush) from Yr 3 - Yr 10 (I'm currently doing my HSC, so really, I'm procrastinating right now).

I personally think it's a really good start for primary school students, because... well... You actually learn. My school teacher in Year 4 was still trying to convince me that I didn't actually know how to write 1 - 100 in a 10 x 10 box grid. I very nearly threw my book at her.

The whole "Step-by-step" booklets aren't too bad in the junior years of high school either, although occasionally they mix up the science ones pretty badly, so really, it all comes down to which teacher you get.

The additional maths lessons are also pretty useful, as they employ uni students to tutor you for whatever you don't know, but it takes your own initiative to maximise their ability to help you.

I left, so I'm not sure how they are in Senior years, but overall they have a fairly good academic record so that has to count for something, right?

studentcheese

HSC
I've been to Pre Uni from Year 6. The Maths books are excellent. They contain heaps of examples with many challenging problems towards the end of the book. With writing, they always focus on essay writing more than creative writing :( English is alright I guess, but Maths is the best in Pre Uni.

BTW, I am planning to go to Pre Uni soon. Which is the best branch? :) (The branch I used to go to got closed)

Smiling Yaya

HSC
I think homebush would be the best branch for pre uni, since it's the head branch.
English and mathematics is recommended!
But i don't really like their teaching style for biology

luvtads

HSC
i went to pre uni for a trial class for 2 unit maths and it was crap ...!!!...

infatuated-x3

Procrastinator
HSC
imo pre uni is pretty good. go to the head branch cos they have the best teachers there. a lot of the teachers there are heaps nice and are willing to help you. you just gotta take initiative for your own learning i guess. the maths there is heaps good! im currently taking 3unit (ext. 1) at the head office and mr noonan is awesome :spin: english is pretty good too .. depends on which teacher you have. and science is alright.
but maths is definitely the best at pre uni. i give a thumbs up to their step-by-step books =) the downside of pre uni is that once you get into year 10-12, thats when it gets really packed. and when its packed its quite difficult to learn. so unless you pick up things pretty quickly i suggest a 1 on 1 tutor where they only focus on you.

kittyful

HSC
god i hate pre-uni....the worst...tutor ever..they rush through topics...and they caterogise your level of capability

HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't consider going to Pre-Uni if you really want to understand the topics that have been gone through because Pre-Uni will often just give you the work, give a few examples and then set you off to do the homework without any questions asked (maybe homework help but it may not be available depending on the teachers).

I used to go to Pre-Uni from Year 3-4, and then year 6 for 7 weeks. I learned a bit off there but I doubt I'll be able to learn at the same capacity for High School because the stuff is much harder and you actually need to be taught unless if you just want to do more exercise.

I personally prefer private tutor. Even though they may pay you a high price, but it's worthwhile because the tutors can actually help you with your work and can go for it as long as they can until you understand it...

warezfan

HSC
pre uni is best tutoring college in the world. we koreans know how to teach, and teach well. every year number 1 pre uni student is 100 uai/atar, that proves the greatness of the college and the korean race.

our brother korean college, C3, shines greatly in the US as well. it's also number 1 there and will not be beaten in quality. long live korea!!!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Pre Uni is absolutely shit, and it's a real unethical and I daresay even fraudulent company. On their list of HSC Achievers for 2009, they've put me down, as if to claim some credit for my doing well in the HSC. Thing is, I haven't been to Pre Uni since Year 6.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Your money is much better spent elsewhere. I was a student there in years 11 and 12 for maths, only because the teacher I had was unavailable privately. Now, it's just a cash cow. I worked there until June last year, just after management stopped focusing so much on the education side of things and ruthlessly pursuing profit.

There may still be a couple of teachers there that are well worth your time, but they are by no means a reflection on the company itself. Ever since they had a change of ownership after that whole tax evasion fiasco that place has gone downhill.

pjiggy

HSC
From my experience,the biggish tutoring centres like preuni ,james an,north shore etc. are really good for younger students ( ie. kindy-yr 6) but once u reach high school their content ,methods etc. won't help you much at all if u wna get good marks ( like band sizes in the hsc.) If you're in high school u'd be better off either getting private tutors or going to those small places like truong ( REALLY good) ,dr. du etc. they actually help u

:read:

warezfan

HSC
Pre Uni is absolutely shit, and it's a real unethical and I daresay even fraudulent company. On their list of HSC Achievers for 2009, they've put me down, as if to claim some credit for my doing well in the HSC. Thing is, I haven't been to Pre Uni since Year 6.
That's cause preuni has helped you before and even after 6 years of not going there you still are enjoying the high grades that preuni have bestowed upon you. Clearly this just proves the longivity of preuni's benefit.

ATAR_boy

HSC
That's cause preuni has helped you before and even after 6 years of not going there you still are enjoying the high grades that preuni have bestowed upon you. Clearly this just proves the longivity of preuni's benefit.
NO, it doesnt prove anything. Man, preuni doesnt know how to teach, end it there.

NOTE: If you want Band 6's for HSC, avoid Pre-uni, James An, North Shore. Go with private tutor or just pull a 99.4 without any help like me :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)