Year 11 CHEMISTRY..... anyone find it hard? (2 Viewers)

littlej123

HSC
I'm finding Chemistry really hard at the moment, I need it for uni though so im trying really hard.

Anyone else have this problem?

:)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
there is a lot to memorise, but if you study consistently you'll be fine.

If you have any concept questions post on these forums and someone will help you.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
not really, I loved year11 chem. but like mirakon said, there will always be people here to help you if you're having trouble, or if one of your friends is good at chem you could get them to help as well. good luck :]

littlej123

HSC
yeah, im trying to study hard haha and I've bought the chem study guides from macquarie and excel....:)

hopefully it pays off!

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yeah, that's a good initiative. Remember also, it's better to understand how something works, than just memorise it. That's what separates band 6 students from the rest.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, im trying to study hard haha and I've bought the chem study guides from macquarie and excel....:)

hopefully it pays off!

I've never heard anyone recommend macquarie and excel for Chem.. maybe context chemistry or/and Dot Point?

littlej123

HSC
Yeah, okay.
I never really understood chem in yr 7-10 so i never really tried hard at it, and now it seems like I needed to know most of that stuff to start yr 11 chem so Im thinking i need to learn the basics first. :)

littlej123

HSC
oh okay, well i find the excel books good but thanks for the recommendation i might check out those 2 chem study guides! Thanks heaps :)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
oh okay, well i find the excel books good but thanks for the recommendation i might check out those 2 chem study guides! Thanks heaps :)
If you find it helpful, keep at it! But yer, definitely wouldn't be bad checking them up.

mioumiou

HSC
I'm finding Chemistry really hard at the moment, I need it for uni though so im trying really hard.

Anyone else have this problem?

:)
Don't stress that much, study bit by bit everyday, as it has been said above, you have to understand the concepts. I do Chem as well, I felt like there's a lot of stuff to memorise and we've got a crap teacher. So therefore textbooks/ study guides/ past papers are my new best friends. :lol:

But anyway, good luck with studies!! (and don't stress out too much, Year 11 doesn't count towards anything but understanding the Yr 11 stuff is still very important, if you cram too hard.... like 6-8 hours of studying per day, you'll burn off easily.) :uhhuh:

littlej123

HSC
yeah okay, thanks :)
im just worried im not going to keep up as i dont know anything from yr 7-10 chem! haha.
oh well, im trying hard!

THANKS AGAIN:)

littlej123

HSC
yeah, i have the excel book, its very good! but the syllabus has been updated and it dosent match my school work, but i still <3 the layout of it. :) thanks.

ruchira2122

HSC
treat the conquering chemistry textbooks as your bibles and you'll be fine. they give really good explanations to help you understand the concepts

luvtads

HSC
I found chemistry really hard in Yr 11 too coz i honestly didnt enjoy it.
But, Yr 12 chemistry is really interesting and imo easier than yr 11 chem till now.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
treat the conquering chemistry textbooks as your bibles and you'll be fine. they give really good explanations to help you understand the concepts
Yep, but be careful as it does go into a lot of detail about things you don't really need.

Just grab excellent notes on BOS that follows the syllabus IMO.

dan2452

HSC
Yeah to be honest chemistry is still a little daunting, but, all my doubts left when we got to blow up sodium in water, and it spat out onto our teachers book - which subsequently burst on fire - :rolleyes:

Kanane

HSC
N/A
I was never really Chemistry oriented but I chose it due to enjoyment. Currently am finding not only the topic tedious, but also my monotonous teacher. I'm finding it minutely difficult due to the lack of understanding I have -__-.
Textbooks have become my survival guide~

martinc

HSC
just putting it out there
with chemistry you should preserve
year11 chem i found was easy in comparsion to the year12 content
i find that its all about 'understanding' than anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)