Combination and Permutation (1 Viewer)

WEMG

HSC
Hi,
Does anyone have a guide or know of a text book that teaches how to do Combination and Perms, I have Cambridge 3U and I cant find it.

BTW can anyone reccommend a textbook which teaches the concepts really well?

Thanks

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
it'll come under probability try maths in focus or fitzpat

lychnobity

HSC
Terry Lee's 'Fundamental Mathematics' covers this topic very well. Includes methods not in the other textbooks and plenty of challenging questions.

Also has solutions with the book.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Coroneos :)

I did solutions too for the Perms and Combs chapter. I found that it covers most types.

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
I haven't really tried anything else so perhaps I'm not qualified to comment, but I've used Fitzpatrick 3U for Perms and Combs and found it explains the theory quite well using worked examples and the like. It's perhaps a bit short on questions, but you should be fine after completing what's there.

Mathsonline also has a Perms and Combs section with walk-throughs (which is good if you're struggling with basic theory) although it's in my opinion too brief to learn the whole topic from (which is brief in itself). It does have a few worksheets with worked solutions though so that will help pick up where Fitzpatrick lets down.

Either way I recommend getting Fitzpatrick 2U and 3U to go along with Cambridge, it seems to be a pretty good combination of textbooks for everything.

On a side note, does anyone know why Cambridge doesn't have anything on Permutations and Combinations?

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
Ah, I see. It's in the year 12 book, I didn't even think to look at the last topic in the year 12 book seeing as it was the first topic we did in year 11 3U. Just looking over it now, I still recommend a combination of Fitzpatrick and Cambridge.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
*sigh* I dunno why ppl hate Coroneos so much =\

WEMG

HSC
Thanks for the suggestions. I couldn't find Comb and Perms because my 3U is the year 11 one, I am getting the 3U ex1 fitzpatrick from school soon so I will wait for it.

johNNyboy772

HSC
coroneos

patel

:D

if you can't find the classics as listed above, try cambridge, its also good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)