The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

emmik

HSC
Really? Our store is a medium sized shopping centre (prob 30-40 shops) and most do spend lunch inside. We even have designated couches for people to sleep on lol.
Oh, Hah. Ours isn't in a shopping centre. It's a stand alone one. But it's in regional victoria so that might explain it. We don't have couches either *whines*. We have like a fold up table kind of thing (the ones you hire for parties) with around six plastic chairs and a pin board they stick the rosters up on. The greatest advancement that has been made in our staff room, is pinning a notepad and pen to that pin board so people can write down when they're working. :lol:

jirwin

HSC
Our staff room is nice. Several tables joined to make one big one. It would seat at least 12 people comfortably and probably a couple more. We have a decent sized TV - not sure whether its LCD or Plasma but a modern one. Has a DVD player connected to it but never seen it used - we have a separate training room with a much littler and older style tv.

We have polystyrene cups and regular mugs/cups but a limited amount of cutlery and plates and stuff. We have a toaster, sandwich toaster, microwave, blubbler/tap with cold water and a boiling water thingy as well. 2 fridges with signs saying 'please put your name on bottles, this is not a garbage bin for bottles' and other signs about not leaving stuff in the fridges. We also have a drinks vending machine which is broken - you have to open the door manually and it's an honour system really because you can take the drinks out without putting money in the container. Never used it because I'm scared the door will break on me (it sounds/looks dodgy) - the drinks are only $1 though compared to the $1.80 from the other vending machines near the checkouts.

greekgun

HSC
Eh, it sounds like alot of the new stores have a better tea room, which makes sense. But yeah, the shopping center im in probably has 200+ shops, maybe more...i dunno there are alot of them...iMathew might be able to confirm that. But because our coles is in such a busy shopping center, before christmas, motherday, fatherday, easter and new years, we get absolutely raped...we have like all 17 registers open and still have like 2 trolleys on each register and a line on the express check out when its quiet, and shen its busy its hell...but im sure coles management is rubbing there hands together while were enduring this shit.

edit: woah i ramble alot

bouncingfire

HSC
The staffroom at our store has no TV, there is polystyrene cups and plastic disposable cuterly planted silver to make it look like metal. Cant really go any where else because there is only like 8 other shops

bdude

HSC
I really need to learn to say no, just agreed to an extra 11 hours of work, now my roster is:

MON: 17:15 - 21:15
TUES: 17:00 - 20:00 [faceup]
FRI: 17:30 - 21:30 [faceup]
SAT: 15:45 - 19:45
SUN: 11:00 - 15:00 AND 17:30 - 21:30 [faceup]

TOTAL: 23 hours

Muchly looking forward to that half hour at double time on sunday!

bdude

HSC
I noticed last night that they've put up the new signage for the Health and Beauty section, looks really nice. I like the idea of the cuboid aisle signage.

bouncingfire

HSC
It must be some joke or something but with have all been given rabbit ears to wear, and they actually force us too. We were all cheering a 5.00 when the store manager and csm left

bdude

HSC
It must be some joke or something but with have all been given rabbit ears to wear, and they actually force us too. We were all cheering a 5.00 when the store manager and csm left
Nope, we've got it too. I didn't have to wear one today, CSM had left already and the supervisor on didn't even mention it to me.

jirwin

HSC
Oh my, hope that doesn't happen at my store. I've noticed some people have Happy Easter badges but not everyone has them.

greekgun

HSC
Yeah...our coles has also given us these bunny ears to wear, was told to wear them but i flat out refused to wear them, then my csm called the sm to come down to tell me to wear them but i told him that im not going to wear them because im a 6 foot 1 fully grown male...im going to look like a pedo. Guess it was a good point because he said "Yeah...dont worry about wearing them."

bdude

HSC
Yeah...our coles has also given us these bunny ears to wear, was told to wear them but i flat out refused to wear them, then my csm called the sm to come down to tell me to wear them but i told him that im not going to wear them because im a 6 foot 1 fully grown male...im going to look like a pedo. Guess it was a good point because he said "Yeah...dont worry about wearing them."
I'm fairly sure they can't make you wear it - if it's not on the preferred dress poster, it's not compulsory. Also, the award says that "when at work team members
shall be dressed in a neat, tidy and businesslike manner at all times." - you could argue that they're entirely unbusinesslike ;)

Last edited:

jameszst

HSC
N/A
when will coles start contacting referees??...before or after interview

HSC
I'm fairly sure they can't make you wear it - if it's not on the preferred dress poster, it's not compulsory. Also, the award says that "when at work team members
shall be dressed in a neat, tidy and businesslike manner at all times." - you could argue that they're untirely unbusinesslike ;)
lol

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Lol my SM took one look at that memo and said no. Noone was to wear bunny ears, even on service. Service staff (and other small departments eg GM/Apparel) do have to wear that easter badge though but thats hardly the end of the world. No way in a million years would I make people wear bunny ears as an SM, I doubt it is going to bring in extra sales so why humiliate the staff in the process?

jirwin

HSC
Lol my SM took one look at that memo and said no. Noone was to wear bunny ears, even on service. Service staff (and other small departments eg GM/Apparel) do have to wear that easter badge though but thats hardly the end of the world. No way in a million years would I make people wear bunny ears as an SM, I doubt it is going to bring in extra sales so why humiliate the staff in the process?
I'm all for badges but no way would I want to wear bunny ears!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Eh, it sounds like alot of the new stores have a better tea room, which makes sense. But yeah, the shopping center im in probably has 200+ shops, maybe more...i dunno there are alot of them...iMathew might be able to confirm that. But because our coles is in such a busy shopping center, before christmas, motherday, fatherday, easter and new years, we get absolutely raped...we have like all 17 registers open and still have like 2 trolleys on each register and a line on the express check out when its quiet, and shen its busy its hell...but im sure coles management is rubbing there hands together while were enduring this shit.

edit: woah i ramble alot
307 shops :D
But no way is it as big as Chadstone and all those 4 story/level shopping centres with thousands of shops haha.
17 registers OPEN??? We only have 10 registers in total and not all of them were used even in the Christmas period! :O

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)