The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

bdude

HSC
I'm realising Coles cost-cutting is just as bad as Woolworth's cost cutting. At least two of my ten hours today would have been spent in priority ones. It's not like I have a department that needs managing or anything is it?
That's bad. Most of our priority ones are called when there is a spate of customers at the one time, the purpose of a priority one call is so that if it gets a bit busier than projected there are staff available who can come down for a few minutes and clear the queues. Most times we call one the staff are generally there for 10 minutes at the most. I've also noticed that there are some supervisors who are quick to call priority ones but some who are very reluctant.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Well one lasted over half an hour, after about ten mins (two customers or so) I popped up the green 'let us serve you at another checkout sign' and the lady completely ignored it, in fact used it as her divider between her shopping and the other customers (no way she could have missed it, in fact she was pretty much daring me to say something to her with this look in her eyes) - was going to say something but all I could think of in my head was 'living service, living service'. Then another old couple queued up behind this lady and put their groceries on the conveyor belt and I couldn't say no to them either. But they were really nice about it and almost apologetic when I explained to them I needed to get out of here asap lol.

HSC
Well one lasted over half an hour, after about ten mins (two customers or so) I popped up the green 'let us serve you at another checkout sign' and the lady completely ignored it, in fact used it as her divider between her shopping and the other customers - was going to say something but all I could think of in my head was 'living service, living service'. Then another old couple queued up behind this lady and put their groceries on the conveyor belt and I couldn't say no to them either. But they were really nice about it and almost apologetic when I explained to them I needed to get out of here asap lol.
lol, dedication.

bdude

HSC
Well one lasted over half an hour, after about ten mins (two customers or so) I popped up the green 'let us serve you at another checkout sign' and the lady completely ignored it, in fact used it as her divider between her shopping and the other customers (no way she could have missed it, in fact she was pretty much daring me to say something to her with this look in her eyes) - was going to say something but all I could think of in my head was 'living service, living service'. Then another old couple queued up behind this lady and put their groceries on the conveyor belt and I couldn't say no to them either. But they were really nice about it and almost apologetic when I explained to them I needed to get out of here asap lol.
I usually don't mind staying little bit longer because the only time I don't work in Service is when I'm doing grocery face-up so any break from that is nice.

But the supervisors when they call Priority One are usually pretty good at making sure that everyone gets back to work as quickly as possible and so make sure that people don't line up at closed registers, move people over to open ones etc

EDIT: Just noticed I have two of those little green things under my name, what's that mean?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Enjoying this day off... not looking forward to the next two weeks... don't have another day off till next Wednesday, then six days straight until the Wednesday after that... but I have had back to back four day weeks so I guess I am paying for relaxing now!

nathdapunk

HSC
Re: Coles Pay rate

Does anyone know what a K-Mart applications status is if the website reads "Under Consideration" and a new application has appeared?

greekgun

HSC
Oh wow...if that was me, i would have told her that i was closing, and wont be able to serve her - and if she ignored that then tell her again, a little more forcefully, and if she still didnt fuck off, i would close the register lane thingo using that belt so u cant get through and walk off. Fuckk customer dedication, sometimes they need abit of rough love.

edit: oh yeah, got 100% on a mystery shopper test, first MS i ever got....i thought i was able to tell a MS apart from a customer but i guess not.

Last edited:

bdude

HSC
Oh wow...if that was me, i would have told her that i was closing, and wont be able to serve her - and if she ignored that then tell her again, a little more forcefully, and if she still didnt fuck off, i would close the register lane thingo using that belt so u cant get through and walk off. Fuckk customer dedication, sometimes they need abit of rough love.

edit: oh yeah, got 100% on a mystery shopper test, first MS i ever got....i thought i was able to tell a MS apart from a customer but i guess not.
What register lane thingo?

bdude

HSC
the area between 2 registers
Ohhhh I know what you mean. Most of ours just have the dividers between but a few have those gates you have to push hard to open.

I remember before they got all "open" we used to have to chain trolleys in the ones that didn't have gates.

jirwin

HSC
Ohhhh I know what you mean. Most of ours just have the dividers between but a few have those gates you have to push hard to open.

I remember before they got all "open" we used to have to chain trolleys in the ones that didn't have gates.
We have a chain that goes across - we still put trolleys in them, particularly of a night.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
so i tried and failed to get a transfer when i moved for uni. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Mostly i was unlucky becuase a store in my area shut down so the staff all seemed to have overflowed the nearby stores. Still i was pretty disappointed that such a big company couldnt offer me something

greekgun

HSC
We had this belt type thing...kinda like seat belt material which goes across the area...back at our old store, we used a chain and trolleys though.

emmik

HSC
Yeah...but since he left the cups have come back. We have a plasma too, but its not the same as watching TV at home...it feels uncomfortable in the staffroom...cant put my finger on it...
Aww I feel so cheated. Our staffroom as far as I know has never had polystyrene cups. We have two mugs that people don't wash. Our fridge is broken (as in door occasionally comes off hinges) and we don't even have a T.V. :cry: It's dank, depressing and I never stay at work for my lunchbreak. They play commercials for coles in the staff room at like full volume for god's sake!

Meh, I guess I'm in it for the money. :hammer:

bdude

HSC
Aww I feel so cheated. Our staffroom as far as I know has never had polystyrene cups. We have two mugs that people don't wash. Our fridge is broken (as in door occasionally comes off hinges) and we don't even have a T.V. :cry: It's dank, depressing and I never stay at work for my lunchbreak. They play commercials for coles in the staff room at like full volume for god's sake!

Meh, I guess I'm in it for the money. :hammer:
We have polystyrene cups and regular mugs but I can't be bothered washing things up so I just use foam.

again, I never use store cutlery.

greekgun

HSC
Yeah...sounds like u guys have it worse than us. Our store has a set box hooked up to its plasma, and its always on GO XD. But yeah, since our store is in a big shopping center, people never spend breaks in there.

zobothebobo

HSC
our tea room is a bit sad as well. i'm pretty sure we don't have cups, and we don't have a tv either, apart from the one they use at inductions i guess. they play the trolley jingle over and over again really loudly and the lights are never on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)