zomg atar estimate???!!?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
so like i go to james ruse and like i do the asian 4 and i am coming first in all the asian 4 subjects.
do you reckon i can get an atar of 96 and get into commerce?
im coming first in everything but not sure if i can get 96.....
if i dont get into commerce my asian parents will put me on a boat back home =[ =[ =[
plz giz estimate guyz.....
thanks

Seriously I'm fucking sick of all the atar estimates. If you go to a decent school ie 100+ and have decent ranks then chances are you will get a decent atar so stop jamming the 'new posts' board with a fucking tar estimates.

gesh17

HSC
N/A
so like i go to james ruse and like i do the asian 4 and i am coming first in all the asian 4 subjects.
if i dont get into commerce my asian parents will put me on a boat back home =[ =[ =[
thanks

Seriously I'm fucking sick of all the atar estimates. If you go to a decent school ie 100+ and have decent ranks then chances are you will get a decent atar so stop jamming the 'new posts' board with a fucking tar estimates.
Thank you so much - FINALLY someone who can say what we've all been thinking. Personally, I reckon ATAR estimates are more or less used as tools for self-motivation (i.e. someone doing poorly) or self-validation (someone doing well).

NEGROizzle

HSC
thanks

Don't read them then fkn idiot SMD.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
thanks

99.95+ imo
i rekon u can get into commerce if u work hard n keep ur grades up

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
ffs, the answer to every ATAR estimate thread is "check SAM and then get back to work".

chrisnumber1

HSC
Thank you so much - FINALLY someone who can say what we've all been thinking. Personally, I reckon ATAR estimates are more or less used as tools for self-motivation (i.e. someone doing poorly) or self-validation (someone doing well).
I think its just to stroke peoples ego's

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
Umm so what else do you want us to talk about? It's HSC 2010... where people talk/whinge about the exam timetable and ask others about their ATAR. Stop being such a hypocrite, if you don't like it then go to other forums where you can freely talk about 'Muslim terrorists' and 'gay rights in Australia'. It's one of the best things about BOS, and just because you finished the HSC doesn't mean others don't have to go through it.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Umm so what else do you want us to talk about? It's HSC 2010... where people talk/whinge about the exam timetable and ask others about their ATAR. Stop being such a hypocrite, if you don't like it then go to other forums where you can freely talk about 'Muslim terrorists' and 'gay rights in Australia'. It's one of the best things about BOS, and just because you finished the HSC doesn't mean others don't have to go through it.
My point is that nobody knows what ATAR you are going to get. Most of the posts/threads that have been made are from students who are in a highly ranked school with decent ranks therefore it is highly probable that they will get 90+. As for them getting 96.75 nobody fucking knows. Instead of worrying about your atar esitmates over a student forum, go and studdy and just give it your best shot. Furthermore, all the threads that have been started are very similar. If someone goes to a school that is ranked similar and does similar subjects to you and has similar ranks then you will probably get a similar ATAR to them, therefore there is no need to start 1000000000000 different threads about the same thing. Do some searching and find old posts, there are 100's on here.

In addition, majorty of 10'ers/11er's have very little knowledge of how the atar is calculated. They have no idea between the difference of alligning and scaling. So asking them for estimates is useless.

Why go to another forum when I can talk about muslim terrorists and gay rights here? If you don't like my posts then get fucked hay. You have like 3 posts and 0 rep. Obviously I make a greater contribution to BoS then you ever will. And incase you are wondering I am all for gay rights. Clearly you are some fucked up religious puppet that is still living in the stone age. And if you can't tell that the whole idea of mocking muslims and just for the lulz and is generally not serious then you are a fucking moron.

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
My point is that nobody knows what ATAR you are going to get. Most of the posts/threads that have been made are from students who are in a highly ranked school with decent ranks therefore it is highly probable that they will get 90+. As for them getting 96.75 nobody fucking knows. Instead of worrying about your atar esitmates over a student forum, go and studdy and just give it your best shot. Furthermore, all the threads that have been started are very similar. If someone goes to a school that is ranked similar and does similar subjects to you and has similar ranks then you will probably get a similar ATAR to them, therefore there is no need to start 1000000000000 different threads about the same thing. Do some searching and find old posts, there are 100's on here.
Some people want an estimate, as did you, and they want it personalised. Of course you can use ATAR calculators and all that crap but obviously people would much prefer if they got a genuine estimate from this forum for THEM, which is fine. One thing that does annoy me though is that some don't even include ranks or school ranks or anything and then half the thread is filled with questions like "What is your school rank?" or "How do I get my ranks" etc etc
In addition, majorty of 10'ers/11er's have very little knowledge of how the atar is calculated. They have no idea between the difference of alligning and scaling. So asking them for estimates is useless.
Well when we do ask for estimates... we're not asking 10'ers or 11'ers specifically, but anyone who understands the system... which is why BOS is good as there are people like this (let's face it... how many people really do understand the system? Not even some teachers understand it)
Why go to another forum when I can talk about muslim terrorists and gay rights here? If you don't like my posts then get fucked hay. You have like 3 posts and 0 rep. Obviously I make a greater contribution to BoS then you ever will. And incase you are wondering I am all for gay rights. Clearly you are some fucked up religious puppet that is still living in the stone age. And if you can't tell that the whole idea of mocking muslims and just for the lulz and is generally not serious then you are a fucking moron.
I think you misunderstood me. I meant another forum on BOS, where there isn't these kinds of threads which annoy you greatly, and I just gave gave you those two topics as an example, as it's common to frequently see those kind of threads in the 'Hot Topics'. What I was getting to was that I'd much rather be in this kind of forum where the majority of posts we see are ATAR estimates etc, instead of other controversial topics. Now you are suddenly posting that it must stop? Why? Because it's annoying? What else should we post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)