the dream car thread (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Not counting Z tunes, I've found R34 GTR's (and even VSpecs) have come down in price massively in just the past two years. I remember in 2007/08 they were commanding at least $60k for a GTR and $75k for a decent condition V-spec... whereas now they can be had significantly under $50k.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Not counting Z tunes, I've found R34 GTR's (and even VSpecs) have come down in price massively in just the past two years. I remember in 2007/08 they were commanding at least $60k for a GTR and $75k for a decent condition V-spec... whereas now they can be had significantly under $50k.
its bullshit, our parallel import laws are too strict and the result is that all cars are more expensive.

HSC
Porsche 918 Spyder Concept

Err sorry, I still don't know how to place an image in my post. :(

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
its bullshit, our parallel import laws are too strict and the result is that all cars are more expensive.
Agreed- I'm not a fan of the strict compliance costs and import restrictions but then I can also see why they are the way they are. It just shux when we look at other countries (e.g. USA) and see kids driving R35's because of the considerable price difference (around $80k usd which translates to <$100k aud compared to our RRP of $160k)

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
Agreed- I'm not a fan of the strict compliance costs and import restrictions but then I can also see why they are the way they are. It just shux when we look at other countries (e.g. USA) and see kids driving R35's because of the considerable price difference (around $80k usd which translates to <$100k aud compared to our RRP of $160k)
agreed

but regarding your last post, at least the price of used imports are coming down now

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
agreed

but regarding your last post, at least the price of used imports are coming down now
True. Lower demand due to an onslaught of new cars coming out (e.g. GTI mk6, various other hot hatches) and other AUDM used cars being seriously bargained down have led to used imports having significantly less demand. I have a mate who's selling a stock mint 05 ej20i STI for $36k which goes hard and is AUDM but even that's a difficult sale.

On another note, if we had American car prices... wow... I could've bought an R35 :( That would've been a friggin sweet ride. Lucky Americans!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It's a perfect example of how protectionism hurts consumers.
... that being said, is it really protectionism if all cars are subject to luxury car tax thresholds? ... not that Australian car companies manufacture many cars which have a decent amount of LCT anyway.

Protectionism is far more prevalent in Malaysia's car industry unfortunately... but luckily a lot of companies have caught on and set up local assembly plants- even S Class Benzes can be made locally.

appletoa

HSC
Meh, I'm going to be different and say that if I were after a single car, I would choose a Range Rover Sport (with the supercharged v8, of course).
Though if several cars would be an option I would agree with some of the others here and be including a E type Jag and a older 911 in my collection, as well as an Ariel Atom and some classic styled machines, such as this Bentley:

Oh, and a Peel P50 as well, just for the laughs (could keep it in a cupboard or something if space was low ;) )

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I want an E92 M3 at the moment but that'll probably change to the new one by the time I would be able to afford something like that.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I want an E92 M3 at the moment but that'll probably change to the new one by the time I would be able to afford something like that.
LOL at the paradox of dream cars :( I thought I'd settle for an E92 335i Coupe (most of the thrills, a lot less bills) but damn the M3 is nice. Always feels like it's ready for a bit of fun.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL at the paradox of dream cars :( I thought I'd settle for an E92 335i Coupe (most of the thrills, a lot less bills) but damn the M3 is nice. Always feels like it's ready for a bit of fun.
Agreed. There's something exciting about them, even when they're stationary. It's a feeling I don't get from a "non- ///M" Bimmer :D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed. There's something exciting about them, even when they're stationary. It's a feeling I don't get from a "non- ///M" Bimmer :D
I do like the whole sleeper aspect of Bimmers though which have been debadged.

ps. Baulko eh? :)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I do like the whole sleeper aspect of Bimmers though which have been debadged.

ps. Baulko eh? :)
Yea, but its still obvious to those in the know. Just look at the size of the brake rotors, chroming on window sills front grill etc.

Baulko! *high five*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)