the dream car thread (1 Viewer)

shaon0

HSC
True......... but still, if you buy an enthusiasts car (e.g. a caterham) for the wrong reasons then you're just a poser.
Lexus LFA is the best new supercar out now, so hence i'd have the Lexus LFA.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I see nothing wrong with buying a car largely because it looks good.

EDIT: actually now that I think about it if a car didn't look good enough I wouldn't look twice at it, regardless of what was sitting in the engine bay

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
True, looks definitely make a difference... I suppose if you buy it because it looks beautiful that's one thing, but buying a car which is for enthusiasts to LOOK like you are an enthusiast is lame. It's akin to putting decals of companies unrelated to your car all over it.

Phantomeureka

HSC

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
True......... but still, if you buy an enthusiasts car (e.g. a caterham) for the wrong reasons then you're just a poser.
Meh. Some people are posers and they buy cars to pose, I seriously don't see an issue with that if that's how they enjoy their cars, just for reactions then all power to them. Who are we to dictate how someone else chooses, buys or "poses" in a car.

True, looks definitely make a difference... I suppose if you buy it because it looks beautiful that's one thing, but buying a car which is for enthusiasts to LOOK like you are an enthusiast is lame. It's akin to putting decals of companies unrelated to your car all over it.
Looks definitely make a difference, I choose cars based upon how they make me feel rather than just raw speed/handling. I'd happily take an Aston Martin DB9 over a Porsche 911 GT3 any day.

If you are buying a 325 and trying to pass it off as an M, you are a tool. I'd rather just settle for an older M.
Anyone who thinks a debadged 325 is an M3 is a moron. That being said, I'd still love an M-Kit 325, no way I can afford an M3 any time soon.

aren't older m3s on the prohibited list?
All except the original 4 cyl E30.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
lol at comparing M-kit 325 to M3. If you are getting it for the looks and not for the 8000+rpm V8 then you're in to it for entirely the wrong reasons IMO.

SLS Gullwing IMO
the person doing that could just like the look of an M3, theres nothing wrong with getting a car based on looks. bimmers are more for a symbol of status rather than just going fast anyway

edit: i agree with havox- how a car makes you feel is AS important as the performance. the old gullwing benz's are slow and handle terribly, but i including many others still revere them

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Meh. Some people are posers and they buy cars to pose, I seriously don't see an issue with that if that's how they enjoy their cars, just for reactions then all power to them. Who are we to dictate how someone else chooses, buys or "poses" in a car.

Looks definitely make a difference, I choose cars based upon how they make me feel rather than just raw speed/handling. I'd happily take an Aston Martin DB9 over a Porsche 911 GT3 any day.
Fair enough. It doesn't really matter but if it were me, I would rather not be a poser. I would be unhappy with myself if I was pretending to be something I wasn't.

Agreed with you that looks and how it makes me feel is an important character. I really love the look and feeling I get when I see a 6 series Bimmer for example.

Anyone who thinks a debadged 325 is an M3 is a moron. That being said, I'd still love an M-Kit 325, no way I can afford an M3 any time soon.

All except the original 4 cyl E30.
I prefer to be the other way around... there have been many people who compliment me on my Lancer with a "very tidy kit and wing". :)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Fair enough. It doesn't really matter but if it were me, I would rather not be a poser. I would be unhappy with myself if I was pretending to be something I wasn't.
Definitely agreed there.

Agreed with you that looks and how it makes me feel is an important character. I really love the look and feeling I get when I see a 6 series Bimmer for example.
I love Bimmers, the way the sheetmetal is stretched over a very taut shape. Exudes power without being too brash.

I prefer to be the other way around... there have been many people who compliment me on my Lancer with a "very tidy kit and wing". :)
Jap imports are great fun, GT-R drove past a few weeks ago, almost made me miss a turn.

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
I'd take an Aston over a GT3 too, unless I wanted to track it. Not over a 911 Turbo though. I love how the 997s look. For the record the looks of the E30 M3 is one of my favourites. Likewise the 190E Evo Benzs. Love that boxy look for some reason, perhaps why I like R32s as well.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, I'd go a Nissan GT-R for a track rat special :)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Pulling 1G in a corner would be epic and the GT-R is one of the relatively affordable supercars.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not sure about that, the car that won Targa Tasmania last year was a stock GT-R V-Spec with only safety mods.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I only mean too heavy for a track special, it's definitely a dream car though
The car seems to defy it's weight (somehow). I'd still rate it if it was a 2nd or 3rd car. Wouldn't be able to live with the maintenance costs and street-attention on a daily basis. Nothing worse than coming back to your car and seeing people leaning on the window peering inside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)