Gillard rejects Rudd mining tax critics (2 Viewers)

aussie-boy

HSC
You don't vote for a politician, you vote for the party. No matter what personal attributes a particular leader ostensibly has, the fact remains that the party itself and not the individual politician wields the power. Hell, in any case, it hardly matters which oppressor we vote in, as they're all going to look after the interests of big business anyway.

Incompetent political leaders aren't the problem, the incompetent political system itself is the problem. (A)
Thats not true, every party has competing factions that win over power within the party and pick a leader - each faction with competing policies

Liberal under Turnbull would be dramatically different from Liberal under Abbott

TacoTerrorist

HSC
^ I beg to differ. The Liberal Party are still right-wing conservative capitalists, with either Abbott or Turnbull, or any other wealthy puppet. The policies would be marginally different, yes, but definitely not 'dramatically' different. Personally, I don't think a different leader justifies changing the Party you vote for, as the ideology is basically the same, with only minor differences in application.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
^ I beg to differ. The Liberal Party are still right-wing conservative capitalists, with either Abbott or Turnbull, or any other wealthy puppet. The policies would be marginally different, yes, but definitely not 'dramatically' different. Personally, I don't think a different leader justifies changing the Party you vote for, as the ideology is basically the same, with only minor differences in application.
As someone who has had a lot to do with the Greens over the past two years I tell you that once Bob Brown has his heart set on something, he doesn't get any more opposition within his party.

xMaNx

HSC
^ I should have clarified, I apologise. What I mean is, all the major political parties uphold the capitalist system, even the Greens. However, the Greens protect the interests of the rich the least, and that's why I'll be voting for them in the coming election.
that will essentially be a vote for labor tho

xMaNx

HSC
you should still consider who the vote will go to

badquinton304

HSC
you should still consider who the vote will go to
Well depending on who you preference, you have control over who your vote goes to. If you just tick the box with the party name then you do not have control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)