The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

Harry778

HSC
Guess fucking what! My mum is getting transfered to west Sydeny -_-
And we're moving..I could stay at my store but I dont really wanna drive 45 mins to an hour everyday. So I'm transfering too..AGAIN. Well hopefully. Pretty sure HR would be sick of dealing with us by now. Lol..

And I LOOVVEE not putting the coins in the bags now!! The night supervisor at my store hurt her back taking them up stairs once. It's probably happened to alot of other people too.

Predator78

HSC
i think they/we have 2 or 3 periods a year.. definitely in november in the lead up to xmas...

not sure about the rest of the year
Thanks for that :)
Might as well do the online app thing now and get it ready.

Craven

HSC
Guess fucking what! My mum is getting transfered to west Sydeny -_-
And we're moving..I could stay at my store but I dont really wanna drive 45 mins to an hour everyday. So I'm transfering too..AGAIN. Well hopefully. Pretty sure HR would be sick of dealing with us by now. Lol..

And I LOOVVEE not putting the coins in the bags now!! The night supervisor at my store hurt her back taking them up stairs once. It's probably happened to alot of other people too.
woah, you always bagged up every till? we just took the whole draw out and put it in the safe lol, but we also don't have stairs in our store it's all one floor. :)

sexykid

HSC
can anyone tell me what the induction is like? and how do employees enter the store? do they go through the back, or the front like everyone else?

kfnmpah

HSC
can anyone tell me what the induction is like? and how do employees enter the store? do they go through the back, or the front like everyone else?

i had mine last saturday
we sat in a room for 8 hours and watched dvd's, did one group activity at the end where we made up 5 questions from shit they told us and asked other groups.

second induction shift is 3 hours of more dvd watching and signing papers then you go on a register with another person being inducted and pretend to scan shit and learn how to use the registers.
it's SO boring.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
how do employees enter the store? do they go through the back, or the front like everyone else?
At my old store we were prohibited to enter the store through the back gate. If the store was open we just walked through the front doors, if it was closed, there was a door at the side which was controlled via a proximity key that staff entered through.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
If the store hasn't opened yet you go through the staff entrance, its usually a door near the back dock. If there are no staff there to let you in there is usually a bell to ring to get their attention. during trading hours you just come through the front of the shop like customers. When you leave there is usually an assigned checkout to exit through, express or self serve in most cases.

sexykid

HSC
i had mine last saturday
we sat in a room for 8 hours and watched dvd's, did one group activity at the end where we made up 5 questions from shit they told us and asked other groups.

second induction shift is 3 hours of more dvd watching and signing papers then you go on a register with another person being inducted and pretend to scan shit and learn how to use the registers.
it's SO boring.
thanks guys ... do you have to learn how to use the registers/checkouts if you're in another department?

HSC
I'd love to be in another department and not be trained on checkouts.

But today was really good, went fast :)
I served for about 2 1/2 hours, but every 20-25 minutes into the hour I walked around and did baskets and a bit of stock. Also I helped supervise :) so woo!

back again tomorrow
14:00-18:00
then monday same shift, just wish the supervisor I don't get along with is on tomorrow!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I'd love to be in another department and not be trained on checkouts.

But today was really good, went fast :)
I served for about 2 1/2 hours, but every 20-25 minutes into the hour I walked around and did baskets and a bit of stock. Also I helped supervise :) so woo!

back again tomorrow
14:00-18:00
then monday same shift, just wish the supervisor I don't get along with is on tomorrow!
Yeah my day was a bit like yours actually.
When I first started, usually go straight into self serve (i only do self serve shifts), but the supervisor got me in smokes for about two hours whilst she counted/did other shit.
I was doing all the refunds and exchanges for a while, which was nice. Lovely way to start a FUCKING CRAZY BUSY Saturday!

Not working tomorrow!! (yet) :D

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Good Day today. Only served for 50 mins out of a 5 hour shift.And just got home from my Favourite Supervisor's 21st Birthday party tonight.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
woah, you always bagged up every till? we just took the whole draw out and put it in the safe lol, but we also don't have stairs in our store it's all one floor. :)
yeah, we did that too, i thought that was policy? I know new store (Top Ryde) got an entire safe that was big enough to hold all 20-odd whole tills

Craven

HSC
yeah, we did that too, i thought that was policy? I know new store (Top Ryde) got an entire safe that was big enough to hold all 20-odd whole tills
our safe is always a tight squeeze. we used to have 22 tills (but we never issued 1 of them so we had to cram 21 tills in there and we could only get 20 in so we had to bag up 1 every night). but now we have 17 tills since the refurb so it's not so hard anymore (you just have to make sure you put them in the right way otherwise they slant and you can't fit the last one in haha).

brookie94

HSC
our safe is always a tight squeeze. we used to have 22 tills (but we never issued 1 of them so we had to cram 21 tills in there and we could only get 20 in so we had to bag up 1 every night). but now we have 17 tills since the refurb so it's not so hard anymore (you just have to make sure you put them in the right way otherwise they slant and you can't fit the last one in haha).
we bag every single draw every night.. you seriously take the WHOLE draw? thats so weird.. and you guys must have a tiny safe.. roughly how big is it? in metres/cm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)