shit music this decade (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm fine with sampling, remixing, mash-ups etc. But at least put some thought into it.

Nightwish and Terasbetoni.
I have some trance/house etc and stuff if I don't want lyrics but when it comes to songs w/ lyrics 95%+ of what I listen to is just those two, I have a 4k+ song library (2k+ of which I haven't really/ever listened to).
What do you recommend for Terasbetoni? I've been meaning to check them out for a while

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Late 90s-Early 2000s was best for RnB. In 2008 it was diagnosed with a terminal illness and slowly died. I don't understand why RnB died, its so much better than the music of 2010 and beyond.

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm fine with sampling, remixing, mash-ups etc. But at least put some thought into it.

What do you recommend for Terasbetoni? I've been meaning to check them out for a while
Hmm, from the newest album, Metalliolut, Myrsky Nousee and Maailma Tarvitsee Sankareita (also name of album).

Other, older ones that I find excessively good are Kotinpalaaja, Taivas Lyo Tulta, Teraksen Taakaa but really I love them all but about 3.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
This makes me feel wierd for basically listening to the same 2 bands over and over for a few years now...
i also feel this way for listening to the same music over and over, i feel as if i should be acquiring new music but theres just nothing to listen to.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
[youtube]JwQZQygg3Lk[/youtube]

god, WHY?!?

this is proof that they are SO incredibly talentless, they cant write a new original piece. they have to rip off an old song and add a shitty dance beat to it. pathetic. they shouldn't be allowed to record.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I don't understand why RnB died, its so much better than the music of 2010 and beyond.

I'm sure people were saying that about 1990's music as well. It's a constant cycle.

NB: This was from 2007, which I think is pretty good.

HSC
Uni Grad
Lat time I listened to mainstream was 1998/1999 on rage of a morning lol. As well as the odd song or two since then that didn't make me feel sick.
While shitty music (subjective blah blah) may be what's pushed on us most, there's highly likely some good stuff around somewhere, trouble is finding it.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
most mainstrem "artists" nowdays write one half decent line, fill the rest of the 3 minutes with them repeating it over and over with minimal other words, flog electronics and auto tune to death, then: wallah, they have a "song".

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
^ my point exactly

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
has anyone here ever heard of shane piasecki? if yes, what do you think of him?
if you like chester see, and perhaps ron pope, there's a good chance you'll like him.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
most mainstrem "artists" nowdays write one half decent line, fill the rest of the 3 minutes with them repeating it over and over with minimal other words, flog electronics and auto tune to death, then: wallah, they have a "song".
It makes it so easy to create a hit song these days. Observe:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
[youtube]CqlroKUIj1E[/youtube]

anyone heard/like?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
It makes it so easy to create a hit song these days. Observe:

aaaaahahhahaha omg, thats actually better than most shit on the radio these days! they should release that as a single and become millionaires.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
anyone heard/like?
I've heard a song or two. It sounded decent from what I heard, but I can't really pass too much judgement without listening to more.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Memories by Kid Cudi/David Guetta? That actually sounded good in my opinion - probably due to that underlying repeating riff that is very catchy.

Though they had like... 25 words in the entire song.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)