what to do with an arts degree? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Aquablack is a poor artistic replication of me. Aquablack is an Arts student version of me; or my troll account - who knows.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I like that metaphor (if it can be called that)!

Because you're Science and Aquablack is Arts... they are like - binary opposites.
And also apart from the fact that they're all colours (don't be like white is a tint and black is a tone... I know), and colours are used in Art(s).

Aquablack

Banned
HSC
I like that metaphor (if it can be called that)!

Because you're Science and Aquablack is Arts... they are like - binary opposites.
Remember that 1 time I put something u said in my sig and u cried

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Some people view success in terms other than earning a heap of money....there is nothing wrong with following your passion.

I would rather do an arts degree and hence something I love, than do medicine/law etc. just because of the money/prestige.
So innocent

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Remember that 1 time I put something u said in my sig and u cried
I didn't cry.

But you must be Chromatic... so what we can gather from here is you want to be... Aquawhite's wife. Which is a woman. /me is confused

Aquablack

Banned
HSC
I didn't cry.

But you must be Chromatic... so what we can gather from here is you want to be... Aquawhite's wife. Which is a woman. /me is confused
Nah I'm not chromatic what makes u think that

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, wasn't it Chromatic who put something of mine in his sig?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, you've had your fun guys... get back on topic now or take this conversation over to Non-School or something.

speedofsound

HSC
i was discussing general art degrees and how they're a bit "wishy washy" with someone at work today then a customer came up to the counter and had obviously overheard and was like THEY'RE NOT WISHY WASHY!!!!!!!!!

lol

hit a nerve

Aquablack

Banned
HSC
i was discussing general art degrees and how they're a bit "wishy washy" with someone at work today then a customer came up to the counter and had obviously overheard and was like THEY'RE NOT WISHY WASHY!!!!!!!!!

lol

hit a nerve
Cool story bro

X

xeuyrawp

Okay, you've had your fun guys... get back on topic now or take this conversation over to Non-School or something.
Back to a topic with a loaded question?

You can 'do' with your arts degree as much as you could 'do' with any other degree. Eg you could view it vocationally (like a BA in journalism could lead you to become a journalist) or you could view it generically (eg a BA in history gives you good research, writing, and analytical skills and could lead you to become someone who does research for a company).

People in Australia (particularly this forum) need to get over what a degree is called and focus on what it gives you as a person. If you want to be competitive for jobs, look at what it gives you for jobs. If you want to be able to understand politics, look at how well it'll help you with that. If you want to know more about history because it interests you, look at there.

There's absolutely no reason why people should view university as different from high school, imo. Look at what your priorities in life are, and then work towards them.

Anybody who says anything different really has no grip on what it means to be happy.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Back to a topic with a loaded question?

You can 'do' with your arts degree as much as you could 'do' with any other degree. Eg you could view it vocationally (like a BA in journalism could lead you to become a journalist) or you could view it generically (eg a BA in history gives you good research, writing, and analytical skills and could lead you to become someone who does research for a company).

People in Australia (particularly this forum) need to get over what a degree is called and focus on what it gives you as a person. If you want to be competitive for jobs, look at what it gives you for jobs. If you want to be able to understand politics, look at how well it'll help you with that. If you want to know more about history because it interests you, look at there.

There's absolutely no reason why people should view university as different from high school, imo. Look at what your priorities in life are, and then work towards them.

Anybody who says anything different really has no grip on what it means to be happy.
sactly! smod smackdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)