• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Concerns for HSC (2 Viewers)

InsanityNew

Premium Member
HSC
Alright, so this year I'm doing HSC studies at TAFE, last year I did CGVE (Year 10) at the same place. My concerns come in here, the course I'm doing now is your typical HSC course, except for the fact you skip prelims and go through one year, sitting the exam at the end of the year. I'm mostly concerned with the time I'll have, one year, to complete all the work, and fit in study to get good marks.

muzeikchun852

HSC
depend on urself. if u are super smart and get the maths' and sciences' concept easily, 95+ is achievable. : )

InsanityNew

Premium Member
HSC
Well that's what I'm not too sure of, I'm relatively capable and during year 10, I got 90%+ on every subject with no study. However I know this is going to be different to that, and I'm more than prepared to do the work. But, I don't want to get 3/4 through the course and figure out I need more time, by then it'll be too late. I guess it's personal preference but I was hoping some of you could enlighten me to the real difficulty.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Easy.

I reckon you could learn the entire HSC in 2 months or less (apart from Mathematics/MX1/MX2, they take time).

susubean

HSC
I also completed a CGVE at TAFE for Year 10, and was going on to do TPC (the course you are doing), but decided to re-enter the school system.
Almost wishing now that I had instead stayed at TAFE, as I want to move to Melbourne with my boyfriend but am now in Term 1 of Year 12. :(

I really think that TPC is achievable, my TAFE teacher said it just takes dedication and making sure you get as much work done in class as possible.
It is an intensive course, but I'm sure you are capable of it - remember that TAFE courses are designed to suit people of all ages and from all walks of life... if you are dedicated enough, anyone CAN get through it.

Best of luck. :)

p.s. this is a long shot but do you know if Victorian TAFEs offer an equivalent to the TPC course that only take one year...?! ;)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I also completed a CGVE at TAFE for Year 10, and was going on to do TPC (the course you are doing), but decided to re-enter the school system.
Almost wishing now that I had instead stayed at TAFE, as I want to move to Melbourne with my boyfriend but am now in Term 1 of Year 12. :(

I really think that TPC is achievable, my TAFE teacher said it just takes dedication and making sure you get as much work done in class as possible.
It is an intensive course, but I'm sure you are capable of it - remember that TAFE courses are designed to suit people of all ages and from all walks of life... if you are dedicated enough, anyone CAN get through it.

Best of luck. :)

p.s. this is a long shot but do you know if Victorian TAFEs offer an equivalent to the TPC course that only take one year...?! ;)
If he loves you, he'll wait.
Btw, reminds me of a HSC History essay my teacher marked 0 lol

Deathless

HSC
Alright, so this year I'm doing HSC studies at TAFE, last year I did CGVE (Year 10) at the same place. My concerns come in here, the course I'm doing now is your typical HSC course, except for the fact you skip prelims and go through one year, sitting the exam at the end of the year. I'm mostly concerned with the time I'll have, one year, to complete all the work, and fit in study to get good marks.
Why are you at TAFE?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)