O-Week (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I was told at the Science welcome they were ranked 1st among research intensivity by the government and thus got the most amount of grants from the ARC.

So what the heck are you talking about?

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
not 1st. i remember hearing 'one of the leading universities'

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
They can't lie. If so, I'd sue them and use the money on textbooks and course notes...

Seriously, I have to go on Tuesday to get my maths notes. At $40 each!

EDIT: I heard they got the most research grants from Arc, so maybe that's the "first" I may have misplaced somewhere.

glache

HSC
N/A
UNSW don't go to USyd because it's crap over there =P
Precisely my point :)

So I went Monday and Thursday.

Monday was shit because I had a panic attack and felt sleepy all day.

Thursday was awesome because I got drunk, met a heap of awesome people (including a few bos'ers!) and danced the night away.

So overall it was an ok week. I can't wait for lectures to start, though.
Bummer about the panic attacks--hope you don't get anymore of those for a while cos it's not a good idea to keep skipping lectures. Yeah I saw the line for the party--absolutely massive!

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
I was told at the Science welcome they were ranked 1st among research intensivity by the government and thus got the most amount of grants from the ARC.

So what the heck are you talking about?
They have alot less above world level research than most of the other Go8s

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
yo dude what do you mean by panic attacks? i think you made a thread about this a while ago but i didn't get a good read

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
yo dude what do you mean by panic attacks? i think you made a thread about this a while ago but i didn't get a good read
It's hard to explain. On Monday it was because we were asked to introduce ourselves to our tour group, and more than anything I hate suddenly being put on the spot in front of a group of people. It varies in intensity and symptoms, but for me I basically experience a sudden rush of panic or fear / hot flushes / pulse begins to beat extremely fast / feeling of sickness or nausea / shaking and inability to speak / can't focus your eyes / feeling of dizziness, like you can't keep your balance etc

It's pretty fucking scary when it happens, so usually I'll take propranolol (blocks beta-adrenergic receptors, nullifying the effect of adrenaline/epinephrine) and a couple painkillers before I know I'm going to be faced with a group or something. Thing was I didn't take any on Monday because I wasn't expecting to be faced with such a situation.. :/

Last edited:

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
It's hard to explain. On Monday it was because we were asked to introduce ourselves to our tour group, and more than anything I hate suddenly being put on the spot in front of a group of people. It varies in intensity and symptoms, but for me I basically experience a sudden rush of panic or fear / hot flushes / pulse begins to beat extremely fast / feeling of sickness or nausea / shaking and inability to speak / can't focus your eyes / feeling of dizziness, like you can't keep your balance etc

It's pretty fucking scary when it happens, so usually I'll take propranolol (blocks beta-adrenergic receptors, nullifying the effect of adrenaline/epinephrine) and a couple painkillers before I know I'm going to be faced with a group or something. Thing was I didn't take any on Monday because I wasn't expecting to be faced with such a situation.. :/
ah you probably should take your propranolol and painkillers before your tutorials this week because they might make everyone introduce themselves

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

i get that but i faint or like do stuff tht ihave no memory of after. its like i objectively watch my self during whiteout acting mode.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
i get that but i faint or like do stuff tht ihave no memory of after. its like i objectively watch my self during white out acting mode.
ugh that does make sense. Will try to make sense.

I once got stressed and super anxious at a family christmas. My vision started to get all fadey (just like before you slowly pass out) and then I apparently screamed at everyone to fuck off, stormed out the house (I have some sort of small memory on it but its as if i was an objective onlooker). When I came back my heart rate was massively elevated, I was slightly hysterical and I was hyperventilating and crying.

^thats what i mean by white out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)