• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Get smart (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
It's written by the same woman as the maffs in focus series which I heard was shit.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Yeah theyre written by the same people.

Maths in focus is COMPELTE SHIT. the questions are too easy. if you only use that textbook, you will be unprepared and caught off guard by the level of difficulty encountered in tests.

Meanwhile i tried get smart and its pretty decent. its a solid book with medium difficulty questions which are challgenging, but not super-difficult. also the questions seem pretty relevant to test questions, unlike cambridge.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
My school uses maths in focus :( might have to go out and buy the ext. 1 cambridge txtbook

Gigacube

HSC
Maths in Focus is much easier compared to other textbooks. Don't bother buying the Get Smart book. Buy something like Cambridge instead.

tranx

HSC
Cambridge all the way!
3 unit cambridge is a REALLY good book, 4 unit cambridge is apoctolyptically fail.. Terry Lee is a win both 3 unit and 4 unit maths so OP get a Terry Lee textbook

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
3 unit cambridge is a REALLY good book, 4 unit cambridge is apoctolyptically fail.. Terry Lee is a win both 3 unit and 4 unit maths so OP get a Terry Lee textbook
I think it's due to the fact that it is written by different authors.

ej114

HSC
Cambridge all the way!
the statement i have told many of my friends who are doing 3 unit but still only use MIF

The thought of a cambridge maths textbook makes me all warm and fuzzy inside

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)