Do you like it? (2 Viewers)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
You can always do postgrad law which is normally a lot easier to get in, the only question is whether you still want to do it.
the only reason why i had considered law in the first place was that the double deg of comm/law would probably increase my prospects of employment. I don't even like law.. and now that i think of it, wouldnt be motivated to study something i don't like

what other ways can i increase employment prospects in terms of study?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
get ready to fail dumb asian ( which for a commerce student is actually VERY hard). LOL what u finding hard newbs?
goodwin so ronery :cry::cry:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
oh man, this tart still thinks people take him seriously LOL

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
the only reason why i had considered law in the first place was that the double deg of comm/law would probably increase my prospects of employment. I don't even like law.. and now that i think of it, wouldnt be motivated to study something i don't like

Aim for the best marks that you can.

What do you wonna major in?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Who? Matty G?

Matty G isn't a tart. He eats them. <_<

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
atm I like engineering better than commerce except microeconomics which is equal to engineering

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Aim for the best marks that you can.

What do you wonna major in?
still not sure man, at first i was thinknig accounting/finance

now im thinking a drastic change; i bumped into an old friend of mine, 2 yrs above me, who said since i like economics i should try out financial economics

ill give it time, but i hate accounting

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
still not sure man, at first i was thinknig accounting/finance

now im thinking a drastic change; i bumped into an old friend of mine, 2 yrs above me, who said since i like economics i should try out financial economics

ill give it time, but i hate accounting
Yeh I thought I'd give accounting a go, but I'm the same, can't stand it.

Fin eco looks pretty good IMO.

I think the key is to find something you enjoy(within reason), and excel at it.

Most of the Commerce majors will lead you to a decent paying job, so don't be driven by career prospects like a lot of people are.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
i was just in it for the hawt chicks and the monies

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC

Comm/law doesn't really increase your prospect of employment if you have no interest in becoming a lawyer or doing law-related commerce jobs. Further to this problem is that comm/law only allow 1 comm major, if anything, it will shrink your employment prospect.

FrozenSky

HSC
Am i the only one who finds accounting hard?
My gosh i can't stand that subject

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Comm/law doesn't really increase your prospect of employment if you have no interest in becoming a lawyer or doing law-related commerce jobs. Further to this problem is that comm/law only allow 1 comm major, if anything, it will shrink your employment prospect.
really? because thats contrary to everything ive heard. surely a double degree involving a degree as revered as law would differentiate one candidate from another who did just commerce? It demonstrates a more expansive knowledge.
Am i the only one who finds accounting hard?
My gosh i can't stand that subject
Im finding it hard because ive never done the homework and have only gone to one and a half lectures in 6 weeks :'(.. im spending a lot of time catching up now.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
same here i just learnt debits and credits and my mid sem is tomorrow. fml

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
looks like your in the same position as me lol

so much of this bullshit to get through

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Im finding it hard because ive never done the homework and have only gone to one and a half lectures in 6 weeks :'(.. im spending a lot of time catching up now.
Haha. I did the same sort thing. Did about half the homework and skipped every lecture. Learnt the entire course the week before the final exam by listening to the lecture recordings.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Accounting is difficult in a way because they have this "set" way of recording things - and some transactions can be very difficult to analyse and record in the way they need. The maths is simple enough - it's just setting up the maths you need, like setting up debit, credit or what's an asset and whatnot.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Accounting is difficult in a way because they have this "set" way of recording things - and some transactions can be very difficult to analyse and record in the way they need. The maths is simple enough - it's just setting up the maths you need, like setting up debit, credit or what's an asset and whatnot.
Exactly. It's just a matter of knowing what everything is. Once that's down, the math is easy.

FrozenSky

HSC
Man i would love to do my accounting hw. But my stupid, idiotic uni will not give freaken answers to the hw SDDGSDF@Q11!!!C12!?
WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT!?
I sit on my chair for hours crunching numbers aimlessly just cause they wont provide the stupid answers.

bro3

Banned
HSC
N/A
fukin lol at this shit.

boom, shadowdude, mitchboy, kazi.

All massive fails. LOL kazi just learnt debits and credits tonight and you have the tutorial first up tommorow, haha you are so bloody dumb.

I have my tutorial on friday morning , I am like the last class to do the test, nevertheless, I could go for the test right now, while im half asleep and get min 90%, right now.

It is 10 times easier to get a high distinction in accounting than it is in first year physics , that is something I can definately tell you. Its the perfect opportunity to get good marks and boost your WAM ( especially for an engineering student! ).

Accounting is just like maths, learning to be systematic and think logical , and the maths isnt even complex!. and you guys all did 4unit ( cept boom ) and you cant get your head around accounting! lol proves you wrote learn 4unit maths.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)