HSC Physics Option Module (1 Viewer)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
hi guys.

(for previous Physics students)

From your experience, what topic would you recommend?

Thanks.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Quanta to Quarks. It's an excellent continuation from Ideas to Implementation. Some of Q2Q actually used to be in I2I in 2001 iirc

benji_10

HSC
Why is Quanta to Quarks so good? I don't understand why everyone in my class wants to do this module. I personally wanted to do Astrophysics.

zxreth

HSC
yeah i too wanted to do astrophysics! but my school is doing, Quanta to Quarks

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
My teacher wants to do Medical Physics but he said if everyone in the class (all 6 of us haha) can agree on a different topic then he's quite happy to do that. So I'm trying to convince people to do Astrophysics :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
My teacher wants to do Medical Physics but he said if everyone in the class (all 6 of us haha) can agree on a different topic then he's quite happy to do that. So I'm trying to convince people to do Astrophysics :)
Medical Physics is very interesting. If you've got the resources and equipment to really get into the astro option and explore the universe above, then go for it.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Why is Quanta to Quarks so good? I don't understand why everyone in my class wants to do this module. I personally wanted to do Astrophysics.
Personally, I think Q2Q is pretty good, heaps of theory though and not much calculations. I enjoy it most as it is most similar to what I did at university, although I would thoroughly enjoy astrophysics also.

Students usually hear the word "Quanta" and think "Awesome! This is the beginnings of quantum physics." But yeah, its more like a history lesson of quantum physics.. You cannot understand REAL quantum physics unless you understand something like 8unit Mathematics..

In reality, there are only a handful of professors who understand the mathematics behind quantum physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)