• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ban Live Export (3 Viewers)

Lentern

HSC
read the libya thread son

some things are more important than the ethics of live export v stunning then killing
The Libya thread is what you call sentimentality? It must so cold where you're from.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
he was alluding to a non-existant universal spectrum of importance in an attempt to reduce a failure of character into insignificance
it's a typical tactic of those suppressing a guilty conscience/running from the truth/trolling hehehehe

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
okay bro that's fine no need to downplay barbarism though

eye gouging a deer with a broken leg and breaking its tail and kicking it in the head over and over and over and over

is. not. cool.

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
seriously though they arent going to ban live export to indonesia

a $300m industry

stupid suggestion

but i would wholeheartedly support some sort of mandatory standards introduced for australian livestock overseas. M&L australia will have to outlay a few million to employ some quality control chumps and more humane slaughter methods etc etc

problem solved

compassion for the food creatures
btw lentern if i had known you were a vegetarian i wouldnt have made that comment to you, but it does apply to every single person who eats meat so whatever

Lentern

HSC
seriously though they arent going to ban live export to indonesia

a $300m industry

stupid suggestion

but i would wholeheartedly support some sort of mandatory standards introduced for australian livestock overseas. M&L australia will have to outlay a few million to employ some quality control chumps and more humane slaughter methods etc etc

problem solved
KRuddMP Kevin Rudd
"Revolting, unacceptable and inhumane. That’s why the Govt today announced immediate suspension of exports to these abattoirs. KRudd"

From twitter.

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
what a populist alp cunt

was this honestly some sort of industry secret or what, who didnt know that live exporting animals in ships for weeks at a time to 3rd world countries resulted in lower stadards of animal care

ban all exports until the import nations standards are equal to ours

Lentern

HSC
what a populist alp cunt

was this honestly some sort of industry secret or what, who didnt know that live exporting animals in ships for weeks at a time to 3rd world countries resulted in lower stadards of animal care

ban all exports until the import nations standards are equal to ours
I don't think Rudd made the decision, would have been agriculture, trade or the prime ministers office, he was just spinning. And by these abattoirs he is referring to 11 specific ones highlighted by Ludwig's office, not the Indonesia generally.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
im with jimmy idont care about this at all

and not because a bunch of terrorist fags in libya are trying to take over (i dont care about them either) i just dont care about cows

lots of people will lose their jobs if this trade gets shut down that sucks

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I feel like I'm being lured into a trap but

Animal cruelty is pretty disgusting. However you can't really kill something softly and cheaply. Do I care about cows being treated inhumanely by poor, third world Muslims? I suppose not in the grand scheme of things. It is necessary however to ensure that our livestock is being treated humanely and I don't give a fuck about halal practice or whatever nonsense the unthinking have conjured up this century, do good by the cows or you can have some pigs.

Lentern

HSC
Wait actually on a more helpful note:

Why do we have to export them alive?
Fresh meats worth more, alot of places in Indonesia can't afford that kind of refrigeration so they are killing the cow hours before serving it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)