About writing creative essays (Theoretically speaking) (2 Viewers)

HSC
Uni Grad
What if I decided to write an essay about not belonging to HSC English or the study of Belonging in general? :L

What would happen? (given that many of the teachers also don't like the HSC English course)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You need to engage with the concept of Belonging, not the term itself. So you can't make it about the course, unless you do so in a way that portrays belonging.

To be honest, it's probably a bad way to go.

HSC
Uni Grad
You need to engage with the concept of Belonging, not the term itself. So you can't make it about the course, unless you do so in a way that portrays belonging.

To be honest, it's probably a bad way to go.
Yeah provided that you go like: Oh as my teacher raised his voice with passion, reading to the Skryznecki poem, I felt myself being bored, but so did my friends too, as they were all sick of the course.

Something along those lines :L

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah provided that you go like: Oh as my teacher raised his voice with passion, reading to the Skryznecki poem, I felt myself being bored, but so did my friends too, as they were all sick of the course.

Something along those lines :L
Yes, it would work. However, it's a really poor example of belonging, and the markers may not like the self-reflexivity.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it'd be cool and major respect points if you did it, but you'd have to be really careful because most likely, markers will frown at it.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont think it'll work no matter how true it is.

Be creative (excuse the pun) and come up with something else, maybe a life story of someone, which is what I did. If you want my creative to look at pm me, however the end of it is screwed up, and needs a fix (I made up the end depending on the source/stimulus of the question).

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
My teacher marked one of these stories once at a HSC marking centre and told us about it.

She gave it 4/15.

jamesfirst

HSC
Let's talk about some funny creative pieces

my teacher told me 2:

1. This guy wrote about an ice cube that didn't belong in the supermarket or something
2. This guy wrote about a fried chips that didn't belong in the fast food restaurant

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, if you're going to go against the flow, it better be a damn good idea. Against the flow ideas tend to do REALLY REALLY REALLY well, or flop REALLY REALLY REALLY badly. Usually the latter.

No offense, but unless it's -amazing-, your idea will probably flop.

Just go with the flow.

nephh22

HSC
i would like to look at ur creative writing just to see how it was layed out and how u started it please...?

shenglu

HSC
If you want my writing, I look at, but ultimately it is messed up, need to be fixed (I will ultimately depend on the source of the problem / irritation).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)