• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Desired uni course. (2 Viewers)

Which uni faculty ?

• Total voters

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
currently contemplating a B Arts(International Studies)/B Advertising and Marketing Communication at Uni Canberra.

muzeikchun852

HSC
u will hav to change ur aim to 98.5, the cutoff will be goin up again this year

also i read b com/b adv math has 240 UOC what does that mean?
i just hope that bonus point's gonna get me over the cut-off.

i think it's number of courses that you need to do - 6 UOC for one course or something.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
i just hope that bonus point's gonna get me over the cut-off.

i think it's number of courses that you need to do - 6 UOC for one course or something.
shadowdude got in wit 95.40, so bonus points r goin to be quite helpful for us. tnx for the explanation of the UOC

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I got bonus points in two ways: UNSW AAA scholarship (consider aiming for that, because there is a free lunch for those on scholarships and there are remarkably lots of hot chicks there) and bonus points (I got my five bonus points on English results).

So yeah. That AAA scholarship you should talk to your school about - it's pretty good. If you get within 5 ATAR of a course you want, and it's not prohibited (only like Medicine is prohibited and like one other thing I think) - you get a guaranteed offer for that course.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It's 6 UOC (Units of credit) per subject, usually, some subjects are 8 and 12 too depending on your course (Law has some with 8/12 from what I know).

So 240 UOC = 40 subjects, 4 subjects per semester, that's 5 years full time. :hammer:

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
It's 6 UOC (Units of credit) per subject, usually, some subjects are 8 and 12 too depending on your course (Law has some with 8/12 from what I know).

So 240 UOC = 40 subjects, 4 subjects per semester, that's 5 years full time. :hammer:
so by 4 subjects do you mean maths accounting economics or like maths 1141 maths 1121 or whatever

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
so by 4 subjects do you mean maths accounting economics or like maths 1141 maths 1121 or whatever
yeah, like for me:

Accounting A, Integrating Business Perspectives, Information Systems, Web Systems (2 from business, other 2 from IT because mine's a double degree), and the names are different to UNSW names as well, but yeah that.

thats not too bad then, so we do less subjects than we do at school
Depends on your course, and how your timetable turns out, it could turn out worse than school overall :p

muzeikchun852

HSC
yeah, like for me:

Accounting A, Integrating Business Perspectives, Information Systems, Web Systems (2 from business, other 2 from IT because mine's a double degree), and the names are different to UNSW names as well, but yeah that.

Depends on your course, and how your timetable turns out, it could turn out worse than school overall :p
imagine the content that we have to learn in a semester :S

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
imagine the content that we have to learn in a semester :S
Depends on your subjects, for accounting I went through a 1000 page book this semester, I'd say that's more than physics HSC and Chem combined, except I obviously didn't put that much effort into it because you dont need to go in too much depth with it, other subjects I did were easy and only required study 2 days before an exam :biggrin:

muzeikchun852

HSC
Depends on your subjects, for accounting I went through a 1000 page book this semester, I'd say that's more than physics HSC and Chem combined, except I obviously didn't put that much effort into it because you dont need to go in too much depth with it, other subjects I did were easy and only required study 2 days before an exam :biggrin:
study just enough for the exam:)

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
B.Psych @ University of Sydney at an ATAR of 97.25, but I'll settle with B.Sci and major in psychology if my ATAR is too low to enter.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
In the basement whipped brb not coming out till I get med

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)