Do Standard and Advanced English scale the same? (2 Viewers)

HSC
I'm doing Standard, and my friend was saying do Advanced because Standard scales really down....is that true?

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
they scale pretty much the same BUT they align very differently, what i mean by that is a 90 in standard will get you the same scaled mark as a 90 in advanced.
However you will have to be at the very top of the standard cohort to get that 90 but in advanced you only have to be in the top 2800.

so although they scale the same pretty much, it is much harder to get 85+ in standard. at my school last year we had 192/250 band 5s in advanced and only 12/85 band 5s in standard. SO DEFINITELY DO ADVANCED.

HSC
I already picked Standard. English is not my fav subject so I didn't do Advanced because I'm not good at English.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
I already picked Standard. English is not my fav subject so I didn't do Advanced because I'm not good at English.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
DID U Do THat
OH well, you'll just hav to concentrate on ur english.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
DID U Do THat
OH well, you'll just hav to concentrate on ur english.
You! Go back to your 3U motion questions! :) Do not scare the young delicious child. I mean, observant, talented child. What would you like to know strawberry?

HSC
So did I make a mistake picking Standard? I picked it because it would be stupid to go for Advanced when I struggle with English in general.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
So did I make a mistake picking Standard? I picked it because it would be stupid to go for Advanced when I struggle with English in general.
SpiralFlex V2.0 shall answer this for you.

Spiral V2.0: Define struggle? Which aspects? Are you willing to improve? Do you enjoy reading and writing?

By the looks for things you are certainly very keen to improve. Posting on forums way before the start of Year 11. You are at least 1 mile ahead of the rest of the state.

HSC
Analyzing texts and recognizing techniques and yes, I do struggle with keeping concentration during a long text and then looking for the meaning behind it.

Gigacube

HSC
Advanced requires you do have a more indepth analysis of texts. What are your marks in English currently & what is your school rank?

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
If you can change, please do change.
It's only ever the top 1% that get a band 6 in Std. English, but around top 10-12% for Advanced.

I wish my teachers told me that :\

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
i feel sad after reading this :(
I declined an offer to move back to advance at the beginning of the term for some stupid reason

HSC
Well, I got an D on my report; my half yearly report. And we had an Speech assessment Task and an Poetry one, I got 8/20 for the speech and 7/15 for the poetry, so I think that just says it all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)