Ideas for interview guide (1 Viewer)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
thinking of writing an interview guide if i have time. what sort of things do you guys want to be included?

in the meanwhile, heres a question for thought:

why do you want to do medicine/dentistry?
(comes up in every interview i can guarantee that and often sets a precedent for the rest of the interview. if you screw up your answer, its very hard to comeback)
post your replies and i will critique it. be warned, i might be brutal, but in the long run it will be good for you. so fire away. i only answer in this thread.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Write how each interview is structured at different institutes like MMI and etc.

Dylanamali

HSC
UWS - MMI interview.. did you go to it? Provide us with some question! =).

But yes, just general things about the interview, e.g. what to expect, how to come across the best, any tips, etc.
And also the main differences between the varying interviews in terms of different universities.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
here goes:
Ever since I was child i have been fascinated by the human body. When I was 10 my grandpa gave me an encyclopedia which contained a huge list of diseases and their symptoms and how to recover from the illness, I would read it all the time, almost remembering it all off by heart. I am passionate about becoming a doctor because with my keen interest in the medical field, it will give me an advantage to help those who are in need and still keep on track. Medicine is not about the money or prestige it is about pushing the boundaries and going to work each day enjoying what you do for a living and getting the satisfaction of trying your best to help others get better

Hows that?

Last edited:

funnytomato

HSC
out of curiosity, are there actually any people with really high ATARs and UMAT scores who got rejected because of the interview?

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
out of curiosity, are there actually any people with really high ATARs and UMAT scores who got rejected because of the interview?
from what Ive heard, if you get 99.95 it is only the interview that counts and the umat is not used in the selection process at usyd (special provisions entry).

funnytomato

HSC
from what Ive heard, if you get 99.95 it is only the interview that counts and the umat is not used in the selection process at usyd (special provisions entry).
isn't the cut off 99.95? so you're saying you don't need UMAT for usyd med?????

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
USyd don't consider UMAT and UWS only have a threshold which they don't release. So it doesn't really matter how high above the threshold you are as long as you're above it. It's the same with ATAR there as well. They base their selection more on the UMAT and interview. :/
But yeah the UWS med students had to sign a contract so they won't disclose the interview info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)