Can someone tell me how to get rid of this virus? (6 Viewers)

michaeljennings

HSC
If you connect wireless (Without cables) right click at the bottom right corner your internet icon, click Diagnose problem and it should fix it
doesnt work

Running up and down the stairs is getting tiring hah

Omnipotence what happens after all the files are deleted?

RANK 1

HSC
nothing of what u guys said would fix his problem, its clearly the virus doing it, which means its not a hardware problem, and the diagnosis thing does shit all

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
You're just running him around in circles, guys. None of the solutions you provided would actually fix his problem.

Download "Avast! Anti Virus" or Microsoft Security Essentials and SpyBot Search and Destroy from the PC you're using to BoS, and install on the infected computer.

Run both programs on the highest setting and post results.

PS. Disk Cleanup will only ever help the PC run faster as it deletes temp. files and history etc. If a virus infects, it usually spreads out of these files.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Hmmm I find it hard to believe that MalwareBytes didn't work.

Yeah go and install AVAST free version, then go to 'Maintenance' tab, --->update virus definitions and update program.

Then go to the 'Scan computer' tab and go to 'boot time scan' directly under the 'scan computer tab' and then go to 'schedule now'.

Restart the computer and let it scan at boot time (It may take a few hours depending on how big your HDD is and how many files you have)

If it comes up, that its found infected files, then follow the on screen option to send it to quarantine or send to 'chest', or you could just press the 'delete all' virus option.

This is the better way to remove a virus, as the OS hasn't loaded up yet, and therefore if the virus is a web browser level virus, it should not have any defences up.

The next step after this, if this doesn't work, is to reformat, backing up any important files you have (make sure you scan them with a reasonable anti virus scanner like AVAST)

and please try and use a web browser other than internet explorer. like Firefox or Chrome. They are less targeted for viruses. Also better for a lot more other reasons, which you can search up.

Last edited:

michaeljennings

HSC
I was using google chrome but i uninstalled it like someone said i should

And i can install microsoft security essentials onto the infected computer because when i plug in a usb my computer doesnt recognise it ie its as if it isnt even plugged in

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I was using google chrome but i uninstalled it like someone said i should

And i can install microsoft security essentials onto the infected computer because when i plug in a usb my computer doesnt recognise it ie its as if it isnt even plugged in
Does it recognise the CD drive? If so, do you have a blank CD?

michaeljennings

HSC
everytime i log on it comes up with this error message even if i havent clicked on malwarebytes

"Malwarebytes' Anti Malware [Open Event] Failed to perform desired action. Error Code: 2"

How do you reformat a computer i think thats my only option right now. I cant back up my important files but that doesnt matter much to me i didnt have many important files anyway i just want my computer back to normal

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
How do you reformat a computer i think thats my only option right now. I cant back up my important files but that doesnt matter much to me i didnt have many important files anyway i just want my computer back to normal
If you want to take this path, bear in mind that you'll lose everything on the HDD (music, photos, assignments etc.).

Also, it is simple to do but it's not really something I would recommend a novice do...

michaeljennings

HSC
If you want to take this path, bear in mind that you'll lose everything on the HDD (music, photos, assignments etc.).

Also, it is simple to do but it's not really something I would recommend a novice do...
i dont mind losing everything my trials finish on tuesday so ill haev plenty of time to reacquire music etc barely had any photos or assignments

You say you dont recommend a novice to do it but what are the possible risks involved? or should i jsut get one of my parents to call up and IT person and have them fix it?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
i dont mind losing everything my trials finish on tuesday so ill haev plenty of time to reacquire music etc barely had any photos or assignments

You say you dont recommend a novice to do it but what are the possible risks involved? or should i jsut get one of my parents to call up and IT person and have them fix it?
IT will charge through the roof. If you really want to, one last question: Do you have the original software/hardware boxes that came with the PC?

RANK 1

HSC
this will be a temporary fix if it works, but go install a browser, i only know that this works with firefox and opera, havent tried it on others. but after installing the browser, see if it can connect to the internet, if it cant, then go to your setting, preferences whatever and to the advanced tab and go to networks. you shud see something regarding proxy, it might say connect to the internet through proxy or whatever. unselect that option and change to ,no proxy. see if that works

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)