Science (Advanced Maths) with Comm or Engineering? (1 Viewer)

michaeljennings

HSC
So im thinking about doing either Comm with Advanced math or Engineering with Advanced math at UNSW. Does anyone do Engineering with Advanced math because i heard that if i do Engineering i have to spend 20 hours per week at uni so i was wondering if combining it with Advanced math would be a lot of hours

Does anyone know how many hours you have to spend at uni if you do Advanced math?

BTW not sure if this thread is in the right section

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You can do Engineering/Advanced Maths? Since when?

michaeljennings

HSC
You can do Engineering/Advanced Maths? Since when?
shows how much i know about this uni stuff...I just assumed you could because at the maths careers lecture yesterday they listed top 10 paying jobs and most of them were 'blah blah engineering'

thoth1

Banned
HSC
makes sense now why i hadnt seen anyone doing this course on bos

garrry

HSC
I dont think that degree exists however engineering/science does. Engineers definitely have more than 20 hrs, its more like 25-30 in first year.

michaeljennings

HSC
I dont think that degree exists however engineering/science does. Engineers definitely have more than 20 hrs, its more like 25-30 in first year.
yeahh i just checked UAC and found engineering/science hah do you know what you can major in for science?

garrry

HSC
you can basically major in any science field however because of your interest in adv maths I am assuming that you might take maths or stats

funnytomato

HSC
b science = b science(adv science) =b science(adv maths), in terms of the stuff you can potentially choose to learn
the only difference is what gets printed on your transcript

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
don't do advanced maths it's the same as normal maths with a douchebag name for cunts that won't do normal science cause the cut-off is too low

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
don't do advanced maths it's the same as normal maths with a douchebag name for cunts that won't do normal science cause the cut-off is too low
Do Advanced Maths because you might find the girl of your dreams in Advanced Science =P

muzeikchun852

HSC
basically yeah. dont quote me on this but i heard the difference between adv maths and science (major in maths) is that you learn a few more theory/further theory in each course.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
basically yeah. dont quote me on this but i heard the difference between adv maths and science (major in maths) is that you learn a few more theory/further theory in each course.
They do exactly the same courses, adv science just does an extra useless unit called scif something and they have compulsory honours.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
They do exactly the same courses, adv science just does an extra useless unit called scif something and they have compulsory honours.
SCIF as a subject is shit (no offence but that's the only word to describe it). Use it as a tool to meet new people? Absolutely worthwhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)