Lentern

HSC
have you ever considered
that your parents are not very smart
and it takes them so much longer than everyone else to do their work
because they are
not very smart
something to consider
Utterly impossible, I'm their son after all.

Edit: The distinction essentially comes into how much targeted assistance a teacher is willing to do. Some teachers will just teach out of a textbook, never check homework and set multiple choice assessments for ease of marking. They generally end up in schools where the buildings are set on fire on a regular basis. Teachers like my parents regularly do extra classes for struggling/want to learn more students, will set individual students regular tasks targeted to improve their weakpoints, mark them and then make time to go through the individual student afterwards. Then there is the number of extra-curricular activities they agree to coordinate. I know at my mums school it's basically a condition of employment that you take an active role in atleast one of the programmes offered for students.

Last edited:
HSC
You are not and you do not
(i am)

the logic that leads you to conclude that teachers are underpaid
is what i used to conclude that engineers are underpaid
the science is in

and some of them do (80hrs is an exaggeration)
some guys i know are in here until 7 or 8 at night a lot of the time
underpaid

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
guys guys obviously something which is chosen primarily by unambitious arts graduates who studied what they 'found interesting' but then realised it had zero economic applications is OBVIOUSLY an extremely stressful industry full of dedicated, passionate people

get fucked

it must be nice being public sector

you choose a career path, and then decide it doesn't pay enough and then you jump up and down and get the government to literally force everyone to arbitrarily pay more for your srevices

Lentern

HSC
(i am)

the logic that leads you to conclude that teachers are underpaid
is what i used to conclude that engineers are underpaid
the science is in

and some of them do (80hrs is an exaggeration)
some guys i know are in here until 7 or 8 at night a lot of the time
underpaid
I never said teachers are underpaid I said that Cosmo's claim that its some cushy job compared to industry was false. Nothing more nothing less.

Lentern

HSC
guys guys obviously something which is chosen primarily by unambitious arts graduates who studied what they 'found interesting' but then realised it had zero economic applications is OBVIOUSLY an extremely stressful industry full of dedicated, passionate people

get fucked

it must be nice being public sector

you choose a career path, and then decide it doesn't pay enough and then you jump up and down and get the government to literally force everyone to arbitrarily pay more for your srevices
Go and die

HSC
Utterly impossible, I'm their son after all.

Edit: The distinction essentially comes into how much targeted assistance a teacher is willing to do. Some teachers will just teach out of a textbook, never check homework and set multiple choice assessments for ease of marking. They generally end up in schools where the buildings are set on fire on a regular basis. Teachers like my parents regularly do extra classes for struggling/want to learn more students, will set individual students regular tasks targeted to improve their weakpoints, mark them and then make time to go through the individual student afterwards. Then there is the number of extra-curricular activities they agree to coordinate. I know at my mums school it's basically a condition of employment that you take an active role in atleast one of the programmes offered for students.
yeah i was going to touch on that

thats what the advocates for performance based pay are arguing arent they?

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
performance based pay in teaching:

get a class full of people with iqs above 115 be a really bad lazy teacher

make millions

be really good and dedicated but teach a class full of sub 85 iq kids

lose your job

great idea

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I know a lot of people doing teaching

I think maybe one wanted to be a teacher during hsc

Lentern

HSC
yeah i was going to touch on that

thats what the advocates for performance based pay are arguing arent they?
If they found an effective system of measuring performance in the profession I think it would be extremely popular, even amongst lesser teachers because most people have delusions about their own capabilities.

HSC
I never said teachers are underpaid I said that Cosmo's claim that its some cushy job compared to industry was false. Nothing more nothing less.
it is pretty cushy if you want it to be
what are the performance outcomes
dont let any kids die or get raped in class
if they fail its because they're stupid etc

Garygaz

HSC
want to earn more? maybe you shouldn't have been a teacher

Lentern

HSC
it is pretty cushy if you want it to be
what are the performance outcomes
dont let any kids die or get raped in class
if they fail its because they're stupid etc
As I said such teachers generally end up in a school where being assaulted by a student is a very real possibility.

Lentern

HSC
FTR I think teaching should have a lower entry level wage but greater chances to earn money through being department heads, year coordinators etc. Also HSC marking is overpaid.

orseyy

HSC
i have to agree...

if we didnt need teachers to mark our work i honestly would be studying at home and never turning up to class

teachers make so many ignorant mistakes and are as stubborn as hell when u try to REASONABLY rectify the issue

they get paid for making life difficult

hate!
That is so damn true... Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)