Banned
HSC
lmao my avatar makes every post i make a million times more funny

SIR THE GOOMBAS ARE DANCING AGAIN

LonelyWolf

HSC
nah i just call myself an outright racist now

look at the definition of racism in the dictionary:

a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
i think its correct to say that racial realist and racists are the same. fuck i dunno

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
Lentern how do you feel about people being found guilty of crimes they didn't commit?

Probs great 'cause it suits your narrative.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
The reason why I support unfettered freedom of speech is because opinion is subjective.

If I were to allow one position to be deemed "unworthy" why should I then not allow any other position to be deemed "unworthy".

HSC
Uni Grad
The reason why I support unfettered freedom of speech is because opinion is subjective.

If I were to allow one position to be deemed "unworthy" why should I then not allow any other position to be deemed "unworthy".
But-but people might get ~offended~

oh the horror

Lentern

HSC
Lentern how do you feel about people being found guilty of crimes they didn't commit?

Probs great 'cause it suits your narrative.
I'm sorry, today a court applies the rule of law perfectly, you lot hark on about it like its a travesty then you say I'm advocating the persecution of the innocent? Get real.

Lentern

HSC

Do you support the right of doctors to break doctor patient confidentiality? I've read cases where this was alleged to be an infringement on their freedom of speech.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Exemptions
Section 18C does not render unlawful anything said or done reasonably and in good faith:
(b) in the course of any statement, publication, discussion or debate made or held for any genuine academic, artistic or scientific purpose or any other genuine purpose in the public interest; or
(c) in making or publishing:
(i) a fair and accurate report of any event or matter of public interest; or
(ii) a fair comment on any event or matter of public interest if the comment is an expression of a genuine belief held by the person making the comment.
I believe His Honour erred in not finding that the articles were covered by the above exception. His reasons aren't very convincing, especially weighed against the greater interest in protecting the right to debate and discuss such issues.

Last edited:

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
lentern freedom of speech I agree with bos poster

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
I hate this topic more than anything

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Do you support the right of doctors to break doctor patient confidentiality? I've read cases where this was alleged to be an infringement on their freedom of speech.
No I don't because they've entered a contract saying they will limit their freedom of speech to suit the needs of their client

Come on man

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

What about defamation. It can be objective.

A Galaxy poll conducted last weekend:

In your opinion, which of these two options is the most important? That the government protect the right to free speech, or that people are protected from being offended?

Right to free speech 82%
Protection from being offended 15%
Don't know 3%
That is the most loaded and poorly elucidated question.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I guess making claims about others in slander or libel that are demonstrably untrue and likely to harm reputation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)